Message for Pence

Apr 2013
Left coast
Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar visited Vice President Pence at his residence. He had this to say.

Varadkar is openly gay.

Do you think Pence got the message?

“I lived in a country where if I’d try to be myself at the time I would have ended up breaking laws. But today that has all changed. I stand here as the leader of my country, flawed and human but judged by my political actions and not my sexual orientation, my skin tone, gender or religious beliefs.”

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Did anyone notice the Irish prime minister had lunch with trump and Pelosi and as they posed for pictures they had bagpipes playing, despite the fact that bagpipes are from Scotland?

Sep 2017
Hell
Did anyone notice the Irish prime minister had lunch with trump and Pelosi and as they posed for pictures they had bagpipes playing, despite the fact that bagpipes are from Scotland?
There are two theories regarding the birth of Scottish bagpipes.

1) It is from Egypt and were brought to Scotland by Roman Legions.

2) It was brought to Scotland by invading tribes from IRELAND.

Apr 2013
Left coast
There are two theories regarding the birth of Scottish bagpipes.

1) It is from Egypt and were brought to Scotland by Roman Legions.

2) It was brought to Scotland by invading tribes from IRELAND.
They are usually referenced as the Scots tribes from Ireland that colonized Scotland.

Either way, today they are common in Scotland, in fact a symbol of that country but not so with Ireland in either case.

Sep 2017
Hell
Bagpipes in Ireland predates those of Scotland. Don't take your history from watching Braveheart, What is now the Scottish bagpipe was developed in the mid 18th century. Whatever you imagine as bagpipe being a symbol for Scotland, so it is also for Ireland. while the Scottish bagpipe is associated with the Highlands, it symbolizes all of Ireland, including Ulster. In the USA, police and firefighter funeral processions are led by bagpipes to honor the tradition of servitude by both the Irish and Scottish immigrants that served in the police and fire departments when they were jobs that the Irish immigrants took when those jobs were not exactly endearing to others.

Sep 2017
Hell
Here are images of Irish bagpipes. Not the same things.

And I've never seen Braveheart so stop with the smartass comments.
Little sensitive? I know damn well what traditional Irish bagpipes look like. The modern US concert piano also does not look like a harpiscord. Does that make Mozart and Beethoven not being instrumental in the transition of Baroque to Classical? And that concert piano has nothing to do with German harpiscord?

Dec 2015
Arizona
There are dozens of different kinds of bagpipes---all over Europe, Africa, India and South Asia so you boys can quick your bickering. There are even electric bagpipes.