Message for Trump supporters

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
This not mine but it sure as hell tracks with my thinking
—————————————————————-

An anguished question from a Trump supporter: ‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?’

The serious answer: Here’s what we really think about Trump supporters - the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't...

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was in the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids, has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “Well, OK then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters in 2019, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

-by Florida writer Adam-Troy Castro #AdamTroyCastro

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
...And this doesn't begin to describe the frustration smarter people feel by not being able to cure stupid....I can think of 1 way, but it's not very democratic, so.....

Reactions: GluteusMaximus

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
This not mine but it sure as hell tracks with my thinking
—————————————————————-

An anguished question from a Trump supporter: ‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?’

The serious answer: Here’s what we really think about Trump supporters - the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't...

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was in the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids, has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “Well, OK then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters in 2019, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

-by Florida writer Adam-Troy Castro #AdamTroyCastro
And that's the short list.

Nov 2005
California
To me, a lot of it revolves around the grotesque hypocrisy that die-hard Trump supporters represent.

They routinely attack Dems and tried to bash Obama for not lowering the deficit quick enough?
But now Trump, in what he labels as the best economy ever is rapidly jacking up the deficit and there is nary a peep on their side.

They routinely attack Dems as hating the military exaggerating any potential perceived offense as a pathological action?
But now with Trump, he attacks McCain proclaiming he prefers military members who were not captured, tosses out dismissive comments regarding military service and is obviously a draft dodger with claims of "bone spurs", and again there is nary a peep from Repubs.

They loudly proclaim that Biden must be guilty of government corruption based on an accusation that defies the facts and lacks ANY evidential basis?
But then Trump who is busted red-handed with evidence they wish they had on Biden is just ignored regarding his guilt...

They loudly complained about Michelle Obama having bare arms in a dress?
But then they don't care that Ivanka Trump has published, naked photos of her out there.

If a Dem president had pulled these actions, they would be screaming and pitching a fit.
But with a Repub president, they can't fathom the criticism posed. :rolleyes:

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
To me, a lot of it revolves around the grotesque hypocrisy that die-hard Trump supporters represent.

They routinely attack Dems and tried to bash Obama for not lowering the deficit quick enough?
But now Trump, in what he labels as the best economy ever is rapidly jacking up the deficit and there is nary a peep on their side.

They routinely attack Dems as hating the military exaggerating any potential perceived offense as a pathological action?
But now with Trump, he attacks McCain proclaiming he prefers military members who were not captured, tosses out dismissive comments regarding military service and is obviously a draft dodger with claims of "bone spurs", and again there is nary a peep from Repubs.

They loudly proclaim that Biden must be guilty of government corruption based on an accusation that defies the facts and lacks ANY evidential basis?
But then Trump who is busted red-handed with evidence they wish they had on Biden is just ignored regarding his guilt...

They loudly complained about Michelle Obama having bare arms in a dress?
But then they don't care that Ivana Trump has published, naked photos of her out there.

If a Dem president had pulled these actions, they would be screaming and pitching a fit.
But with a Repub president, they can't fathom the criticism posed. :rolleyes:
Basically, its proven beyond a reasonable doubt, that they are assholes. Either they are complete idiots, or they are racist a holes, or they are selfish and as long as they are getting theirs, who cares who else has to suffer.

There is no redeeming qualities of anybody still supporting Trump

Last edited:
Mar 2017
Massachusetts
Why would any white person vote blue though. The Democrats hate white people. Who gives a damn how bad Trump is when the alternative has hedged their bets on your demographic demise.

Nov 2005
California
Why would any white person vote blue though. The Democrats hate white people.
People who believe "Democrats hate white people" are not doing their side any favors regarding "‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?’"...

Democrats do not hate white people.
What would it take for you to recognize that?

If, for example, I started a poll on this forum asking people to state whether or not they hated white people and what their party affiliation was, would that help?
My expectations are that the vast majority (if not all) of the people identifying as Democrats would easily state that they do not hate white people.
I do not hate white people. I am very much a Democrat.

Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
Basically, its proven beyond a reasonable doubt, that they are assholes. Either they are complete idiots, or they are racist a holes, or they are selfish and as long as they are getting theirs, who else has to suffer.

There is no redeeming qualities of anybody still supporting Trump
It is clearly the last option as Trump was never a Republican until he decided to run...he even supposedly said he would run as a Republican if he ran because they would believe anything.

Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
Why would any white person vote blue though. The Democrats hate white people. Who gives a damn how bad Trump is when the alternative has hedged their bets on your demographic demise.
Not hating on non-white people does not equate to hating white people and that you choose to spew talking points vs. original thought says everything needed about you and your agenda.

Reactions: se7en