Methodist Churches Across U.S. Are Publicly Rebelling Against Their Leadership’s Anti-LGBTQ Stance

Sep 2017
Hell
Did you, or did you not associate gay people with pedophilia in the Catholic Church? Yes or no answer will do. Did you read Lyzza's post that I responded to?
I associated proscribed sexual abuse of Alter-servers by Priests. The association is male to male unless you can show me female RC Priests taking advantage of female Alter-servers. Lyzza made no sense in her post because pedophilia has nothing to do with gender identification nor gender attraction because you'll be hard pressed to find any gender free of such sickness, nor did it pertain to what I said. Alter boy is a generic term for Alter-servers with age not being a qualifier. Many, if not most of the complainants against the RC Church were beyond puberty or into legal adulthood when the incidents occurred. Lyzza's comment was as usual a straw man which I refused to answer and you simply piled on due to knee flex reaction.

The reason while the Alter boy scenario was brought up is simply for no other reason than that is that those incidents have garnered the most attention in the regarding moral and sexual misconduct by the RC clergy. I really do not see your argument that the age of a victim is anti-gay even though it was Lyzza that injected that. If you can show data that more young males are sexually abused by straight men than by gay men, please share that information.

This thread was about the Methodist Church being faced with rebellion. I mentioned that I see that EVEN the RC Church may be more tolerant, as oddly as it sounds. That is where some seem to take issue. By me trying to say how outdated the old Methodists are in the current world when even the Pope of the supposedly most evil Christian denomination maybe actually be more gay-friendly, somehow I did something wrong.

Sep 2017
Hell
How did you come to this unique conclusion about Catholicism?
Thinking about a sin is the same as committing it, I have been told. You are not RC, right?
Okay. If you want to read into everything so literal, then surely you must agreed that all Muslims agree with stoning women, throwing Gays off rooftops, declaring jihad against Christians and the West.

ok enough, i will speak to those who have a clue what they are talking about. thanks for trying....
Sure.

Besides for you jabbering about, what was your point?

What part of sex is forbidden after being ordained into the RC Church clergy do you have an issue with understanding?

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Okay. If you want to read into everything so literal, then surely you must agreed that all Muslims agree with stoning women, throwing Gays off rooftops, declaring jihad against Christians and the West.
ML, you seem to be arguing that RC is tolerant of homosexuality, yet you assert that the Church is opposed to the concept or behavior. So again, I ask how do you reconcile those apparently contradictory ideas. The issue is not Islam but, rather, your arguments in defense of Catholicism's rejection of homosexuality as an expression of tolerance.

Sep 2015
Stage Left

Sure.

Besides for you jabbering about, what was your point?

What part of sex is forbidden after being ordained into the RC Church clergy do you have an issue with understanding?
you are so lost its almost cute....

you were making claims and called on it, and you never addressed them. we asked you questions about it and you just kept sliding around, so yeah never mind. by being unable to speak to your claims that gave me the answer anyway.

May 2018
Chicago
I associated proscribed sexual abuse of Alter-servers by Priests. The association is male to male unless you can show me female RC Priests taking advantage of female Alter-servers. Lyzza made no sense in her post because pedophilia has nothing to do with gender identification nor gender attraction because you'll be hard pressed to find any gender free of such sickness, nor did it pertain to what I said. Alter boy is a generic term for Alter-servers with age not being a qualifier. Many, if not most of the complainants against the RC Church were beyond puberty or into legal adulthood when the incidents occurred. Lyzza's comment was as usual a straw man which I refused to answer and you simply piled on due to knee flex reaction.

The reason while the Alter boy scenario was brought up is simply for no other reason than that is that those incidents have garnered the most attention in the regarding moral and sexual misconduct by the RC clergy. I really do not see your argument that the age of a victim is anti-gay even though it was Lyzza that injected that. If you can show data that more young males are sexually abused by straight men than by gay men, please share that information.

This thread was about the Methodist Church being faced with rebellion. I mentioned that I see that EVEN the RC Church may be more tolerant, as oddly as it sounds. That is where some seem to take issue. By me trying to say how outdated the old Methodists are in the current world when even the Pope of the supposedly most evil Christian denomination maybe actually be more gay-friendly, somehow I did something wrong.
I asked for a yes or no answer. Clearly, you weren’t capable of that. I’m not combing through your rant to try to figure out the answer.

May 2018
Chicago
you are so lost its almost cute....

you were making claims and called on it, and you never addressed them. we asked you questions about it and you just kept sliding around, so yeah never mind. by being unable to speak to your claims that gave me the answer anyway.
That’s what people do when they get called on their shit.

Sep 2017
Hell
I asked for a yes or no answer. Clearly, you weren’t capable of that. I’m not combing through your rant to try to figure out the answer.
My reply was in English. There is no simple yes of no answer. If you are no capable of reading the answer, then there is nothing further I can do as clearly you are more interested in expressing anger over an imagined offense than exactly trying to understand another person's POV.

Sep 2017
Hell
ML, you seem to be arguing that RC is tolerant of homosexuality, yet you assert that the Church is opposed to the concept or behavior. So again, I ask how do you reconcile those apparently contradictory ideas. The issue is not Islam but, rather, your arguments in defense of Catholicism's rejection of homosexuality as an expression of tolerance.
My original point was simply that started this whole chain of posts was merely a remark to express that in the case of the OP article, it is my opinion that the Papacy is more tolerant than the Methodist leadership, at least for the clergy anyway. Nowhere did I support or reject the actual teachings of either Church; that part is your own injection.

What I will reject is the notion that to think it is the same as committing and thus also a sin. If a Christian is to take literal everything written in the Bible, in this case James, Matthews, and Corinthians, then that puts those Christians on par with the Islamic fundamentalists that think they should stone women, behead infidels, or throw homosexuals off rooftops.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
I don't agree with, or even understand, your assertion that RC is more tolerant than protestant churches toward homosexuality.

What I will reject is the notion that to think it is the same as committing and thus also a sin
I am fairly certain that idea is part of Catholic teachings/catechism perhaps others will clarify.

Sep 2017
Hell
I don't agree with, or even understand, your assertion that RC is more tolerant than protestant churches toward homosexuality.

I am fairly certain that idea is part of Catholic teachings/catechism perhaps others will clarify.
I KNOW it is part of Catholic teaching. Are you hard of reading or did you just skipped over the part where I said I did not address the teaching of the Church, just the words of the Pope?

I said I reject that notion. Enough with your endless straw men.