Michael Moore on Trump is Brilliant

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
It would def require medication or smoking dope to believe that Trump has accomplished ANYTHING except dismantling regulations. His tax cut has worsen the debt and his Korea policy is quickly unraveling. But, luckily there are plenty of people unable to see Trump for what he is.
Dude, you gotta give credit where it's due.

In 2018, the US had its largest trade deficit ..... ever.

Sep 2017
Hell
There is certainly a desire by post war Germans to diminish the support from Germany for Hitler and it may fulfill some purpose to deny that Hitler was supported by the majority of Germans, especially when the Jews were nearly exterminated (that is such a clumsy tactic for reducing the opposition). I don't think the number of assassination plots would indicate anything more than the number rraof people who were in assassination plots. Clearly it is possible to have a popular mandate and be subject to assassination plots.
More unsupported assertions. Your article claimed that Hitler was probably the most popular leader in history, which is a very bold claim to say the least and with essentially nothing to back it up except for a quote from some obscure political hack. The fact that Hitler lost the election by a wide margin seems lost on you. The fact that he was APPOINTED to his position due to party pressure seems lost to you. The fact that it was Hindenburg making the clumsy mistake of suspending the civil liberty that was the catalyst of Hitler's grab of supreme power seems lost to you. The fact that Hitler used thuggery to bring the Nazi Party to status in Germany is lost on you. The fact that Hitler employed assassinations and purges to secure his position even within the Nazi Party after his ascension to power is lost on you.

There is a desire among the opponents of WWII Germany to demonize it's people because we have to justify our own actions in the war. Do you really think that Germans loved Hither as their cities were pounded into rubble while their sons died in far flung places away from the Reich? Do you really think that Hitler enjoyed popularity with the old German men that were drafted into the Volksturm? Or with the mothers of early teens of the Hitler Jugen that were given Panzerfausts to stop the Soviet tank columns raced each other as they approached Berlin?

Until you can show me another leader that enjoyed such immense popularity as to inspire 42 different assassination attempts in the matter of 12 years, then the article you presented has a big hole punched into it whether you want to admit it or not.

Nov 2018
Montana
More unsupported assertions. Your article claimed that Hitler was probably the most popular leader in history, which is a very bold claim to say the least and with essentially nothing to back it up except for a quote from some obscure political hack. The fact that Hitler lost the election by a wide margin seems lost on you. The fact that he was APPOINTED to his position due to party pressure seems lost to you. The fact that it was Hindenburg making the clumsy mistake of suspending the civil liberty that was the catalyst of Hitler's grab of supreme power seems lost to you. The fact that Hitler used thuggery to bring the Nazi Party to status in Germany is lost on you. The fact that Hitler employed assassinations and purges to secure his position even within the Nazi Party after his ascension to power is lost on you.

There is a desire among the opponents of WWII Germany to demonize it's people because we have to justify our own actions in the war. Do you really think that Germans loved Hither as their cities were pounded into rubble while their sons died in far flung places away from the Reich? Do you really think that Hitler enjoyed popularity with the old German men that were drafted into the Volksturm? Or with the mothers of early teens of the Hitler Jugen that were given Panzerfausts to stop the Soviet tank columns raced each other as they approached Berlin?

Until you can show me another leader that enjoyed such immense popularity as to inspire 42 different assassination attempts in the matter of 12 years, then the article you presented has a big hole punched into it whether you want to admit it or not.
Firstly, you have only assertions of the assassination attempts.
Secondly, if Hitler was so disliked as you assert, there would have been popular insurrections, protests, sabotage, and mass resistance. Where was all that social protest? Where were mass desertions from the military? Where was the resistance to the concentration camps and mass executions? Why did the POWs who escaped after capture confront a hostile citizenry? Germany was at war and essentially the entire populace was committed to that Nazi program to advance the Aryan Nation.

Sep 2017
Hell
Some people just don't understand that history is not their forte; I am not in the business of pointing out just how stupid some people are.

Nov 2018
Montana
Some people just don't understand that history is not their forte; I am not in the business of pointing out just how stupid some people are.
On the contrary, that seems to be exactly what you are trying to do. If you really have the facts, please present them in a fashion that allows verification. Otherwise it seems obvious you have assertions that go counter to history. A population that is suppressed will require a secret police to maintain order. What was this vast German internal police force used against Aryans that so many of us do not know about?

The Nazi Rise to Power

German resistance to Nazism - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
I'm from Colorado, so I've watched Hickenlooper for a while. He's been criticized by the far right and far left.

I like him better than any other D contender. Messiah? Miracle worker? I give him the best odds of pulling that off.
I also like Hickenlooper, but I really don't think he'll corner the minority vote.

Nov 2018
Montana
He was plotting the death of his son since 2009 only a couple months after being sworn in as VPOTUS?
You will have to explain this strange comment.
Beau Biden died in 2015 and Biden was still influenced by that loss in 2016 at least by his admission if I recall correctly.
What about that is hard to understand?

Nov 2012
Chicago
It would def require medication or smoking dope to believe that Trump has accomplished ANYTHING except dismantling regulations. His tax cut has worsen the debt and his Korea policy is quickly unraveling. But, luckily there are plenty of people unable to see Trump for what he is.
Your failure to realize that you are ignoring his accomplishments is amazing.:lol: