Mick Jagger has broken his silence on politics to slam the US President for ‘tearing apart’ America

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I get it. If I do not dedicated all my efforts on DTT, I am a Trump supporter and a degeneratel.

Your truth based on what you think is truth is truth is not what others may consider the truth.

Good luck with that,

There must be countless entries to condemn Trump. Go for it.
You do not get it. This thread isn't about you. It's about an extremely worldly person who opined that Trump is dividing this country.

Can you offer anything that counters this opinion, that indeed Trump has been a force for uniting America, maybe quote some things he's said, or things he's done to establish himself as a uniter?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Did Rush put down people who got addicted on painkillers that was initially prescribed by a doctor? From my research, it appeared his beef was with illegal recreational drugs.

Rush appeared to have been through a period of about three years or less of abusing prescribed painkillers for a bad back. He appeared to have publicly apologized and went through rehab.
A drug addict is a drug addict, regardless of what kind of drug.

My ex is a junkie, and she's only addicted to prescription painkillers, which started when she was prescribed some after a wreck.

didn't make it any less life-ruining because they were legal prescription opiates

by the way, Rush's drugs were illegal, because he obtained them illegally

Limbaugh reaches settlement in drugs case

~~~

drugs have nothing to do with Jagger criticizing trump, I just wanted to point out that prescription pain killer addiction is not something to take lightly

Last edited:
May 2018
USA
I didn't really listen to rock growing up and really wouldn't know it was him if he came on the radio. I just think that celebrity political opinions are of no consequence or importance. I'll put him and Ted Nuggent of in the same group of "who gives a shit?". Too many of them act like they're some pure wind driven snow that has the morality of a monk to lecture.
So you'll just put Jagger, who isn't a draft dodging pedophile, in the same class as Nugent? Not to mention Nugent's music is crap, and the Stones dominated the charts for about a decade.

I see Lee has noticed your political affiliation, which you keep denying. Why, are you ashamed?

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I've listened to Druggie Jagger my whole life, ain't going to stop now
Dear Lordy Above LOL, ME, TOO!!!

I saw him live when I was in high school - a few times in my 20's - and then not again until 1994 when he played The Dome in Syracuse. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

rollingst-94syracuse1.jpg

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I'll put him and Ted Nuggent of in the same group
Mick Jagger and Ted Nuggent in the same group?!?!

My god. That's like putting a White Castle slider in the same group as a Japanese Kobe steak.

Your taste in music is really questionable.

If Nuggent hadn't come out as an ardent right wing gun-toting Bush loving asshat, nobody would even know who he is.

Jagger is
legend-text.jpg

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
A drug addict is a drug addict, regardless of what kind of drug.

My ex is a junkie, and she's only addicted to prescription painkillers, which started when she was prescribed some after a wreck.

didn't make it any less life-ruining because they were legal prescription opiates

by the way, Rush's drugs were illegal, because he obtained them illegally

Limbaugh reaches settlement in drugs case

~~~

drugs have nothing to do with Jagger criticizing trump, I just wanted to point out that prescription pain killer addiction is not something to take lightly
Yes I know that, Captain Obvious. But falling prey to addiction by being prescribed the drug is not quite the same as seeking banned recreational drugs because of choice of lifestyle.

If an addict is an addict, then why give a shit about what Jagger says. If Ted Nuggent woke up tomorrow and said some crap about Trump, suddenly he is a freaking hero to some of you guys, while I would still say his opinion is not worth any celebrating,

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Mick Jagger and Ted Nuggent in the same group?!?!

My god. That's like putting a White Castle slider in the same group as a Japanese Kobe steak.

Your taste in music is really questionable.

If Nuggent hadn't come out as an ardent right wing gun-toting Bush loving asshat, nobody would even know who he is.

Jagger is
View attachment 4774
Can you not read what my reasoning is? I do not think celebrities should be using their fame to push American political agenda. Especially some guy with bad teeth from Britain.
'
What the hell do you know about my musical taste? I was offered scholarships by different conservatories and have recorded programs from Middle School that are still occasionally played on public stations and was a guest cellist in a San Francisco Philharmonic Symphony performance before I was was old enough to get pimples.

May 2018
Chicago
Can you not read what my reasoning is? I do not think celebrities should be using their fame to push American political agenda. Especially some guy with bad teeth from Britain.
Mick Jagger has lived through more than you or even me. Do you really think he has nothing valuable to say about politics? BTW, I would love to have teeth like that at his age. Mine truly suck at 52. Jagger has a better set of teeth than me in his 70s. Ok, yeah, I play hockey and that makes it not as good :) I have a few missing, not gonna deny that. I'll take Jagger's choppers any day.

DkG9N-tVsAAvfYQ.jpeg

What the hell do you know about my musical taste? I was offered scholarships by different conservatories and have recorded programs from Middle School that are still occasionally played on public stations and was a guest cellist in a San Francisco Philharmonic Symphony performance before I was was old enough to get pimples.
Of course you were. You seem to have been taught just about everything from a very young age on just about every subject. Interesting how that works. But could you write? And since we clearly don't know, just what are your musical tastes? Are you more of a Stanley Kubrick Blue Danube or Lou Reed New York?

I'm kind of seeing you as more of an Iggy Pop guy, even though you might not want to admit it. ;)

OK wait- a lot of my replies make no sense because Marcus Livius seems to have disappeared. Umm... guys, where did Marcus go? I'm actually hoping he's OK.

Last edited: