Millennial "sensitivity"

May 2018
USA
Don't know if you guys have been following this story, but a professor at the University of Oklahoma is in trouble because he made the observation that there is "no difference between "nigger" and "okay, boomer". I could see how using "nigger" would be offensive, but in an academic context when comparing perjoratives I don't feel he was completely out of line. (Full disclosure - I'm close, but not quite a "boomer". I'm from the first year of "Gen-X", 1965). Naturally a lot of faux outrage proceeded. Now some of the students are saying they won't return to journalism school. What do you want to bet the students that don't return have rotten grades in that journalism class?

How sensitive are these pretty, pretty snowflakes? You guys know I'm a pretty moderate politically, and lean left...but this is ridiculous. The sheer outrage at a comment made by a professor in an academic context? Ridiculous overreaction, and THAT is the kind of thing the low-IQ mouthbreathing GOP scum takes notice of. Sometimes the extreme left is just as stupid as the extreme right, the difference being that rightwing stupidity actually HURTS people, whereas leftwing stupidity is over some "sensitivity" type issue. People need to fucking grow up. I remember one of the first lessons I ever learned, and which has served me well: sticks and stones may break my bones, BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
"Sensitivity" has become a negative due to the hewt feewings of the latest generation to reach adulthood...Hate to say it but they are primarily wimps and prone to complain or whine about the stuff we called "Life" when I was younger. I understand that social justice is important and requires diligent attention to proceed but sucking your binky is not justice.

• Haha
Reactions: GluteusMaximus
May 2018
USA
"Sensitivity" has become a negative due to the hewt feewings of the latest generation to reach adulthood...Hate to say it but they are primarily wimps and prone to complain or whine about the stuff we called "Life" when I was younger. I understand that social justice is important and requires diligent attention to proceed but sucking your binky is not justice.
Agree 100%. These kids today are pathetic. I'm proud they are turning away from the organized hatred that is religion, but they need to toughen up.

Reactions: tecoyah