Mitch McConnell Is Destroying The Senate And The American Government

Nov 2012
nirvana
McConnell doesn’t give a fig about the Senate, or about democracy. He cares only about winning. On the eve of the 2010 midterm elections he famously declared that his top priority was for Barack Obama “to be a one-term president”.
Between 2009 and 2013, McConnell’s Senate Republicans blocked 79 Obama nominees. In the entire history of the United States until that point, only 68 presidential nominees had been blocked.

McConnell’s long game is destroying what was once known as the world’s greatest deliberative body​
This unprecedented use of the filibuster finally led Senate Democrats in 2013 to change the rules on some presidential nominees (but not the supreme court), to require simple majorities.

In response, McConnell fumed that “breaking the rules to change the rules is un-American”. If so, McConnell is about as un-American as they come. Once back in control of the Senate he buried Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland for the supreme court by refusing even to hold hearings.

Mitch McConnell is destroying the Senate – and American government | Robert Reich

Given the realty of the times we live in now. I wonder how many Trump supporters understand it will be their children and grandchildren that will be paying for it then.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
McConnell doesn’t give a fig about the Senate, or about democracy. He cares only about winning. On the eve of the 2010 midterm elections he famously declared that his top priority was for Barack Obama “to be a one-term president”.
Between 2009 and 2013, McConnell’s Senate Republicans blocked 79 Obama nominees. In the entire history of the United States until that point, only 68 presidential nominees had been blocked.

McConnell’s long game is destroying what was once known as the world’s greatest deliberative body​
This unprecedented use of the filibuster finally led Senate Democrats in 2013 to change the rules on some presidential nominees (but not the supreme court), to require simple majorities.

In response, McConnell fumed that “breaking the rules to change the rules is un-American”. If so, McConnell is about as un-American as they come. Once back in control of the Senate he buried Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland for the supreme court by refusing even to hold hearings.

Mitch McConnell is destroying the Senate – and American government | Robert Reich

Given the realty of the times we live in now. I wonder how many Trump supporters understand it will be their children and grandchildren that will be paying for it then.

Wait, are you suddenly concerned about passing debts from one generation to the next?

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.

I can answer this for you, not a one.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Mitch McConnell is an absolute disgrace--in every way--and has been for years. AND shame on Kentucky voters for reelecting a man who has done absolutely NOTHING except increase his power and what's in his pocket. McConnell is a spineless sellout---a lying wimp---a gutless wonder.
Take Mitch out with the trash. NOW.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Mitch McConnell is an absolute disgrace--in every way--and has been for years. AND shame on Kentucky voters for reelecting a man who has done absolutely NOTHING except increase his power and what's in his pocket. McConnell is a spineless sellout---a lying wimp---a gutless wonder.
Take Mitch out with the trash. NOW.
It's interesting to me that on a couple of things recently, McConnell has gone against Trump. But if you look at them, they are things that would affect his personal electability. That is IMO one big step worse than party above country. It's me above all.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Wait, are you suddenly concerned about passing debts from one generation to the next?
No joke. I think you I and one other guy in New Mexico are the only Americans that care about debt. Past present and future.

And I am will to bet that 1 out of the 3 of us is ready to look the other way rather than actually paying it before we spend anything else. ;)

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
No joke. I think you I and one other guy in New Mexico are the only Americans that care about debt. Past present and future.

And I am will to bet that 1 out of the 3 of us is ready to look the other way rather than actually paying it before we spend anything else. ;)
Lol.

My guess the reason that kids are not taught how to balance a check book much less basic economics is so this kind of crap can slip by the general population w/o a question

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
You thought I was talking about debt?

T

Ok kiddo.

Go ahead and explain this statment then

My great grandchildren will still be paying off the vampire generation. We really need to get you guys as far away as possible from any decisions that effect the future.