Mitch McConnell Is Destroying The Senate And The American Government

Jul 2014
massachusetts
McConnell is just doing whatever he can, knowing full well that the strongest Republican voting block, the old folks, is being buried every day, and the new voters coming in on the other end favor Democrats 2 to 1. Which means it might be 50 or 60 years before we see another period of GOP Hegemony.

He expects to lose the Senate and the White House in 2020, and packing in as many judges as he can is the only lasting effect he can manage.
Trump has one significant piece of legislation, the tax cut.
That can be undone by a simple majority in the Senate, reconciliation, remember.
All Trump's executive orders can be undone by the next Democrat in the White House.
And if the Supreme Court gets out of hand, the Democrats can boost it to 11 or 13 Justices, and appoint enough to bring back sanity to the law.

I doubt there will be a filibuster left after 2020.

Nov 2012
nirvana
Wait, are you suddenly concerned about passing debts from one generation to the next?
Ok kiddo.

Go ahead and explain this statment then

Given the realty of the times we live in now. I wonder how many Trump supporters understand it will be their children and grandchildren that will be paying for it then.

My great grandchildren will still be paying off the vampire generation. We really need to get you guys as far away as possible from any decisions that effect the future.
The vampire class drives across the border to a blue state to suck off the economy, and then drives back across the border to a red state avoid paying taxes on the blood they sucked.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
The vampire class drives across the border to a blue state to suck off the economy, and then drives back across the border to a red state avoid paying taxes on the blood they sucked.
So you're not going to try and explain your statment.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Lol.

My guess the reason that kids are not taught how to balance a check book much less basic economics is so this kind of crap can slip by the general population w/o a question
Coincidentally, my youngest did take a course in high school that taught how to balance a check book.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Coincidentally, my youngest did take a course in high school that taught how to balance a check book.
Mine did too... i think it was like english or so or something. The teacher just took a week and basically said we are going to do some important stuff that unfortunately is no place in the curriculum

Jul 2018
Mine did too... i think it was like english or so or something. The teacher just took a week and basically said we are going to do some important stuff that unfortunately is no place in the curriculum
Our school offered an elective course in personal finance. Good stuff.

Of course when I had gone to the school and told them they needed to offer Mandarin and scrap Spanish, they looked at me like I had two heads.

Freakin' dolts.

Feb 2019
here and there
McConnell is just doing whatever he can, knowing full well that the strongest Republican voting block, the old folks, is being buried every day, and the new voters coming in on the other end favor Democrats 2 to 1. Which means it might be 50 or 60 years before we see another period of GOP Hegemony.

He expects to lose the Senate and the White House in 2020, and packing in as many judges as he can is the only lasting effect he can manage.
Trump has one significant piece of legislation, the tax cut.
That can be undone by a simple majority in the Senate, reconciliation, remember.
All Trump's executive orders can be undone by the next Democrat in the White House.
And if the Supreme Court gets out of hand, the Democrats can boost it to 11 or 13 Justices, and appoint enough to bring back sanity to the law.

I doubt there will be a filibuster left after 2020.
Sure, the Dims can just add as many to the Supreme Court as they wish till they have enough liberal drones as they need to make whatever they want Constitutional. Your idol FDR tried to do the same.

And they say the GOP is trying to destroy the American government?

LOL.

Jul 2018
Sure, the Dims can just add as many to the Supreme Court as they wish till they have enough liberal drones as they need to make whatever they want Constitutional. Your idol FDR tried to do the same.

And they say the GOP is trying to destroy the American government?

LOL.
You prefer a conservative drone do ya?

lol