MLK - thanks for the dream

Oct 2010
Colorado
A relief, even. If I had to hear Trump's fake compliments to MLK I think I'd puke.
This about made me puke.

It's important to note, even many Rs oppose Trump's temporary "amnesty" as it's important to note that if Trump was impeached, this man would become president.

What a compromise anyway. The "amnesty" is temporary. The Wall is not. Reminds me of the tax cut for "all" Americans. There's a pattern here....

Mike Pence compares Trump’s border wall stance
to Martin Luther King’s legacy
Vice president quoted civil rights leader's 'I Have a Dream' speech
as he defended Trump's latest offer to Democrats to secure wall funding
Mike Pence has likened Donald Trump’s push for a border wall to Martin Luther King Jr’s legacy as a leader of the civil rights movement as the stalemate over the wall funding continues.​
Speaking on Sunday on CBS’ programme Face the Nation, the vice president quoted from Dr King’s “I Have a Dream” speech as he defended Mr Trump’s latest pitch to secure funding for a barrier along the United States’ southern border.​
“One of my favourite quotes from Dr King was, ‘Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy’,” Mr Pence said.​
“You think of how he changed America. He inspired us to change through the legislative process, to become a more perfect union.”​
“That’s exactly what President Trump is calling on Congress to do,” Mr Pence added.​
...​
Mr Pence’s comments about Dr King drew immediate pushback from Democrats, including Representative Jackie Speier, who said Mr Trump “is no MLK”.​
“To equate the legacy of one of America’s finest statesmen and champions of civil rights with a vanity project built on racist ideology and hatred is beyond disgraceful,” Ms Speier tweeted.​

More: Mike Pence compares Trump’s border wall plans to Martin Luther King’s legacy

Oct 2010
Colorado
I have a dream was one of the most memorable speeches i heard as a child. Life changing and inspirational. It sent me down a rabbit hole of studying the great orators of the modern world.

Sadly the new american left disparages this mans legacy as they continue to push us back decades w/ this insanity of identity politics.
i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun

a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics.

You must be confusing the exclusive group of Trump supporters headed by Trump with the "New American Left," because except for Trump and the gang, everyone else appears to be on the same or similar page.

Dec 2015
Arizona
This about made me puke.

It's important to note, even many Rs oppose Trump's temporary "amnesty" as it's important to note that if Trump was impeached, this man would become president.

What a compromise anyway. The "amnesty" is temporary. The Wall is not. Reminds me of the tax cut for "all" Americans. There's a pattern here....

Mike Pence compares Trump’s border wall stance
to Martin Luther King’s legacy
Vice president quoted civil rights leader's 'I Have a Dream' speech
as he defended Trump's latest offer to Democrats to secure wall funding
Mike Pence has likened Donald Trump’s push for a border wall to Martin Luther King Jr’s legacy as a leader of the civil rights movement as the stalemate over the wall funding continues.​
Speaking on Sunday on CBS’ programme Face the Nation, the vice president quoted from Dr King’s “I Have a Dream” speech as he defended Mr Trump’s latest pitch to secure funding for a barrier along the United States’ southern border.​
“One of my favourite quotes from Dr King was, ‘Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy’,” Mr Pence said.​
“You think of how he changed America. He inspired us to change through the legislative process, to become a more perfect union.”​
“That’s exactly what President Trump is calling on Congress to do,” Mr Pence added.​
...​
Mr Pence’s comments about Dr King drew immediate pushback from Democrats, including Representative Jackie Speier, who said Mr Trump “is no MLK”.​
“To equate the legacy of one of America’s finest statesmen and champions of civil rights with a vanity project built on racist ideology and hatred is beyond disgraceful,” Ms Speier tweeted.​

More: Mike Pence compares Trump’s border wall plans to Martin Luther King’s legacy

DUH...well, Mike the Mannequin has a dream too and we all know what THAT dream is.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
I have a dream was one of the most memorable speeches i heard as a child. Life changing and inspirational. It sent me down a rabbit hole of studying the great orators of the modern world.

Sadly the new american left disparages this mans legacy as they continue to push us back decades w/ this insanity of identity politics.
The Rules of Republican Identity Politics:
1. claim to be the party of Lincoln in spite of conservative opposition to all civil rights,
2. claim as a conservative victory all historic progressive programs when they become main stream (SS, Medicare, Civil Rights Law, etc.)
3. Blame liberals for problems created by conservatives

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun

a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics.

You must be confusing the exclusive group of Trump supporters headed by Trump with the "New American Left," because except for Trump and the gang, everyone else appears to be on the same or similar page.

Lots of clean up and damage control on the book for leftists after that oh so revealing weekend. Are you sure you want to get into this topic that you guys have been avoiding for a few years now. I mean im sure that the handlers have given out some counter arguments but no real meat.

Identity politics is the only platform that leftists have today. Well, that and orange man bad.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Lots of clean up and damage control on the book for leftists after that oh so revealing weekend. Are you sure you want to get into this topic that you guys have been avoiding for a few years now. I mean im sure that the handlers have given out some counter arguments but no real meat.

Identity politics is the only platform that leftists have today. Well, that and orange man bad.
Meh.