Modern Technology

Nov 2013
NM

Between 1980 to 2000 we got the public internet, the Web, HTML, HTTP, cellphones, CDs, contact lenses, and many other things. Since 2000? We got JSON and better interactive maps. I can't think of anything else of value. Why is this? Because Western culture has degenerated into pure evil. It is utterly incapable of producing anything of value. Here is a typical example of what modern culture produces.

Are you taking popular culture for Western culture? Pop culture in the US for the last few decades is producing a lot of media-driven hype, I'll grant you. The mass media mostly drive pop culture, & they're very commercial - it's mostly advertising, trying to get us to buy cars, liquor, houses, whatever client the advertising agency has to service. Advertising is nearing the end of the Internet, I think. They've gotten so absurd that they're starting to make fun of themselves - like the Mayhem character in the insurance ads.

Hardly anyone actually lives in pop culture - because it's mostly hot air, smoke & mirrors. Try not to pay it too much mind, because it hardly bears close attention. Live your life, work, play, socialize - worship, read, work out, enjoy your family & friends. Those people & relationships are the basic stuff of your life, not tortured electrons screaming across some CRT in the dark.

Nov 2013
El Paso, TX
Are you taking popular culture for Western culture? Pop culture in the US for the last few decades is producing a lot of media-driven hype, I'll grant you. The mass media mostly drive pop culture, & they're very commercial - it's mostly advertising, trying to get us to buy cars, liquor, houses, whatever client the advertising agency has to service. Advertising is nearing the end of the Internet, I think. They've gotten so absurd that they're starting to make fun of themselves - like the Mayhem character in the insurance ads.

Hardly anyone actually lives in pop culture - because it's mostly hot air, smoke & mirrors. Try not to pay it too much mind, because it hardly bears close attention. Live your life, work, play, socialize - worship, read, work out, enjoy your family & friends. Those people & relationships are the basic stuff of your life, not tortured electrons screaming across some CRT in the dark.
I am talking about Western culture. Western culture hasn't anything of value in the last 15 years. When I leave my home, I see pointless road "construction" everywhere and nothing is improved. When I see modern people, I want to vomit. Modern art, modern architecture, modern music, modern everything - all crap. Modern Western culture deserves total extermination.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
I am talking about Western culture. Western culture hasn't anything of value in the last 15 years. When I leave my home, I see pointless road "construction" everywhere and nothing is improved. When I see modern people, I want to vomit. Modern art, modern architecture, modern music, modern everything - all crap. Modern Western culture deserves total extermination.
Toss modern culture into the dust bin of history.

Nov 2013
NM
I wouldn't take it too hard. Modern Western culture - the Modern part is mostly wishful thinking, as if we somehow had transmogrified into gods, or @ least godlets, each & every one of us. Which is nonsense, of course. There's hardly any point to being a god, even if solely in our own estimation, if there are no teeming millions falling down to abase themselves & worship us, is there? Yes, it is amusing that people apply modern to this, that & the other thing, as if we were the apotheosis of history, or humanity, or some similar transcendent category. This is merely Narcissus (was it?) staring into a pond, staring @ his own beauty, & failing to recognize himself - unto paralysis. (Or finally transfiguration into a flower, melting away from the heat of his own passion.)

So be of good cheer! Even the most blinkered being, if sufficiently beautiful & self-absorbed, may be destined to pass into becoming a flower, & @ least thereby beautifying his little corner of the World. Bloom where you're planted - as it were. One could do worse.

Nov 2013
El Paso, TX
I wouldn't take it too hard. Modern Western culture - the Modern part is mostly wishful thinking, as if we somehow had transmogrified into gods, or @ least godlets, each & every one of us. Which is nonsense, of course. There's hardly any point to being a god, even if solely in our own estimation, if there are no teeming millions falling down to abase themselves & worship us, is there? Yes, it is amusing that people apply modern to this, that & the other thing, as if we were the apotheosis of history, or humanity, or some similar transcendent category. This is merely Narcissus (was it?) staring into a pond, staring @ his own beauty, & failing to recognize himself - unto paralysis. (Or finally transfiguration into a flower, melting away from the heat of his own passion.)

So be of good cheer! Even the most blinkered being, if sufficiently beautiful & self-absorbed, may be destined to pass into becoming a flower, & @ least thereby beautifying his little corner of the World. Bloom where you're planted - as it were. One could do worse.
By "modern" I simply mean current. Western culture is simply in its decline phase like every other declining culture in history. The life-cycle of cultures hasn't changed but the scale/size of cultures had grown over time and this is a big problem. Western culture infests the entire world with its evil influence. Its collapse could bring down humanity if some reasonable alternative culture isn't developed. Islam seems like the most promising source of such a culture.

I am no god. I am old enough to remember when America was a good country, and the change that I have seen in my life is very depressing. It is hard to be of good cheer when living in a world of scum. Everything that is good is old, and everything produced to replace the old is crap. As old things are discontinued, it becomes harder and harder to find anything of value.

The only way to make life tolerable is for the few remaining decent people to band together against evil, and this is what I am aiming for here:

Undepraved - An Alliance Against Evil