Money Is Worthless.

Jun 2018
West
During Hitler's time, it wasn't gold backed. Its value was supposed to be tied to the value of gold but it wasn't backed by gold.
You know full well that "Fiat Currency" is basically worthless. You also know that it is at the whim of the powers that be. When real inflation hits it doesn't matter WHAT the Gov says a "Dollar" is worth. Just fucking be honest for once instead of simply being a contrarian. There is NO alternative as long as the Global Govs keep telling us what anything is "worth".

Jun 2018
U.S.
Uhhhh excuse me, but in post #3 you said EVEN GOLD was a fiat currency. So HOW exactly was the reichsmark any better than any other gold backed currency ??
Gold is only rare. It is also good in electronics. Apart from that, it in and of itself has no value. You can't eat it. Neither could you take it in pill form to cure an infection. That is what I was getting at.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Gold is only rare. It is also good in electronics. Apart from that, it in and of itself has no value. You can't eat it. Neither could you take it in pill form to cure an infection. That is what I was getting at.
Enough of that nasty old money and I can BUY all the gold I want and all the medicine I want. *shrug*

Jun 2018
U.S.
So how is that better in any way?
Maybe this should have gone in the "The government should own the money" thread. But as for what you say, it sure as hell worked out well for the Germans. And most likely another part of why it worked out so well is that it wasn't the wealthy who decided how wealthy they should be. It was the goverment. For the good of the majority.

Last edited:
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Maybe this should have gone in the "The government should own thye money" thread. But as for what you say, it sure as hell worked out well for the Germans. And most likely another part of why it worked out so well is that it wasn't the wealthy who decided how wealthy they should be. It was the goverment. For the good of the majority.
Right, a fiat currency is what they desperately needed at the time. Which has been my point all along.

There is nothing wrong with fiat currencies and in fact they are the only option in our world as it is.

Maybe if disease or armageddon gets the population down to a few million again, some type of backed currency might work, but even then it would be a waste of resources.