Morality of abortion

Jul 2014
massachusetts
It seems pretty clear that both side have an argument and that common ground will have to be found in a compromise.

It could be beneficial to try to reach that common ground.

Like with anything else in our society we have a period to get out of an obligation.

The real question that the scotus will likely face is a what point can a woman no longer have an abortion.

It is likely that a ruling will look much like rvw but will have changes in the age at which a woman can terminate.

Personally i am still thinking that somewhere around 120 days will be the limit to get an abortion.

What is wrong with compromise givin that it is clear neither side will get their way completely and in the case that one side did it would cause more harm than good by way of forced illegal actions and violence depending on a ruling.
I would say that after a baby a born, abortion is out of the mix.

But if a woman is 7 months pregnant and it's determined the fetus does not have a brain, abortion is a valid option, the same as if continuing the pregnancy will endanger the life of the mother.
The person best qualified to make that call, is the woman in question.
That's why I support repeal of the Hyde Amendment, abortion should be covered by insurance, and by Medicaid, and by TriCare.
It's a medical procedure, it should be covered by medical insurance.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Showing how outdated your example is doesn’t make for a good rebuttal.
All you have to do is present scientifically accurate pictures of embryos to prove your point. The collection images are scientifically correct and important reference material. Make your case, but you should stop criticizing stuff you do not really understand as it only shows your entrenched bias-driven ignorance.

May 2019
US
All you have to do is present scientifically accurate pictures of embryos to prove your point. The collection images are scientifically correct and important reference material. Make your case, but you should stop criticizing stuff you do not really understand as it only shows your entrenched bias-driven ignorance.
I showed the most recent scientifically accurate images via state of the art technology. You showed images of a collection dating back to 1900 when developmental estimates weren’t what they are today. The bias driven ignorance is yours, and will remain yours so long as you deny new information in favor of your bias.

Nov 2012
Rhondda
The real question, always, is whether unwanted babies are given the chance to live a fulfilled human life under capitalism, anywhere, ever. Since they are not, it is unbelievably wicked to make them go through it.

Feb 2007
USA
If by conjecture you mean a conclusion based on incomplete information (the definition), then yeah of course it’s conjecture. There isn’t huge amount of information to work with, but what they have suggests just what they said. And for the very reasons indicated in the context directly around the quote.
Conjecture doesn’t mean false. The fact that a pro-choice organization draws such a conclusion is indicative of the validity of said conjecture.
"Conjecture" doesn't mean true either.

And the fact of the matter is neither the original study that statement is found in, nor the two studies being referenced at the end of that statement, were actually intended to or even designed to test the validity of that conjecture, despite numerous attempts by rather disingenuous pro-life individuals and organizations who present that statement as if it were some sort of proven fact.

:rolleyes:

Nov 2018
Inner Space
I showed the most recent scientifically accurate images via state of the art technology. You showed images of a collection dating back to 1900 when developmental estimates weren’t what they are today. The bias driven ignorance is yours, and will remain yours so long as you deny new information in favor of your bias.
This is an old thread, but I cannot find any images that your have posted. Why not enlighten us with your "images" compared side by side with the photos I posted in #67 this thread.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
I am pro life. But i do not believe in intervening or judging the reasoning of choices that goes through the minds of the private lives of others.