More states need to do this

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Perfect !!!!! I mean seriously how many politicos have had their careers short circuited because of unpaid taxes and such ?? I seem to remember folks on this very board going on and on and on about someone in Obama's admin that owed back taxes. Now they say it doesn't matter ?? Oh I just LOVE the smell of hypocrisy in the morning !!

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Yeah, this could never turn out badly.

Trumpertantrums continue.

Leftist continue to be trumps greatest asset.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Yeah, this could never turn out badly.

Trumpertantrums continue.

Leftist continue to be trumps greatest asset.
No, it could NEVER turn out badly. If someone I support for President turns out to be a tax cheat or involved in money laundering or some other crime that his tax returns brings to light then I want to know about it so I can change my support to someone else.

Exactly how could this “turn out badly”?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
No, it could NEVER turn out badly. If someone I support for President turns out to be a tax cheat or involved in money laundering or some other crime that his tax returns brings to light then I want to know about it so I can change my support to someone else.

People could find out that Trump isn't as rich as he claims, that he's deeply in debt to Russian interests, that his tax returns contain material differences from his loan applications.
That would be bad for Trump.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
People could find out that Trump isn't as rich as he claims, that he's deeply in debt to Russian interests, that his tax returns contain material differences from his loan applications.
That would be bad for Trump.
That isn’t a bad outcome. I don’t care who the person is, I want to know if they are hiding something.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
That isn’t a bad outcome. I don’t care who the person is, I want to know if they are hiding something.
This works if a state like Florida, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania adopts it, but Illinois is in the Blue column already, before there is even a candidate. So Trump can write it off.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
This works if a state like Florida, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania adopts it, but Illinois is in the Blue column already, before there is even a candidate. So Trump can write it off.
It works for ANY state. As I said I don’t care what candidate or what party gets torpedoed by this law. I want to know if the person I plan to vote for is involved in shady financial dealings.
And even if Trump can write off Illinois and just decides to not have his name on the ballot at least it will point out that he is willing to give up the electoral votes in order to not have to disclose something he wants to keep secret.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
It works for ANY state. As I said I don’t care what candidate or what party gets torpedoed by this law. I want to know if the person I plan to vote for is involved in shady financial dealings.
It's a great law.
But in the context of 2020, it won't have an effect on Trump.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

Removing the sitting POTUS from the ballots for whatever reason the state finds acceptable, sure sounds great. Go for it.

That will never backfire.

I fully support the decline into clownworld.

Keep it up guys.

20190413_113225.png