More than 8 in 10 black Americans describe Trump as racist: poll

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
It's a poll, which will be praised by those who agree with its results and panned by those who don't.

Trump does have a history he can't erase, though I'm sure he wishes he could.

More than 8 in 10 black Americans believe President Trump is a racist and say the president has made racism a bigger issue in the country, according to a new Washington Post–Ipsos pollpublished Friday.​
The president's approval rating among black Americans was even worse, with 9 in 10 black Americans saying they disapprove of the job he has done as president so far.​
The respondents' apprehension over current race relations in the country, however, extends beyond the White House.​
While 65 percent of those surveyed said that they feel optimistic about their lives all or most of the time, 65 percent said they think it is a bad time to be black in America, while 77 percent said they believe it is a good time to be white in America.​
Only 16 percent of respondents said they think that black children born in the U.S. today have "a good opportunity to achieve a comfortable standard of living," while 75 percent said they think white children have that opportunity.​
Trump has regularly touted his accomplishments with the black community since taking office. He points to historically low unemployment numbers for black Americans and claims he has done more for black Americans than any other president.​
Despite his boasts, 56 percent of those surveyed rated the national economy negatively, and 77 percent believed that the president deserves “only some” or “hardly any” credit for the current 5.5 percent unemployment rate among black adults.​

More: More than 8 in 10 black Americans describe Trump as racist: poll

Dec 2015
Arizona
It's a poll, which will be praised by those who agree with its results and panned by those who don't.

Trump does have a history he can't erase, though I'm sure he wishes he could.

More than 8 in 10 black Americans believe President Trump is a racist and say the president has made racism a bigger issue in the country, according to a new Washington Post–Ipsos pollpublished Friday.​
The president's approval rating among black Americans was even worse, with 9 in 10 black Americans saying they disapprove of the job he has done as president so far.​
The respondents' apprehension over current race relations in the country, however, extends beyond the White House.​
While 65 percent of those surveyed said that they feel optimistic about their lives all or most of the time, 65 percent said they think it is a bad time to be black in America, while 77 percent said they believe it is a good time to be white in America.​
Only 16 percent of respondents said they think that black children born in the U.S. today have "a good opportunity to achieve a comfortable standard of living," while 75 percent said they think white children have that opportunity.​
Trump has regularly touted his accomplishments with the black community since taking office. He points to historically low unemployment numbers for black Americans and claims he has done more for black Americans than any other president.​
Despite his boasts, 56 percent of those surveyed rated the national economy negatively, and 77 percent believed that the president deserves “only some” or “hardly any” credit for the current 5.5 percent unemployment rate among black adults.​

More: More than 8 in 10 black Americans describe Trump as racist: poll
What a shocker, eh?

Jul 2019
Georgia
that 9 in 10 disapproval rating is in line with what it's been being as well

the Dem candidate is still going to need to address issues that are important to AA's and motivate them to vote not only against trump, but for the Dem. My friend who is an AA activist, says he plans on voting down ballot only unless the Dem candidate shows they're going to address issues important to him. He was very disappointed with Obama, and while he thinks trump is awful, he's not motivated by any Dems (yet, hopefully)

Reactions: Gordy
May 2018
none
that 9 in 10 disapproval rating is in line with what it's been being as well

the Dem candidate is still going to need to address issues that are important to AA's and motivate them to vote not only against trump, but for the Dem. My friend who is an AA activist, says he plans on voting down ballot only unless the Dem candidate shows they're going to address issues important to him. He was very disappointed with Obama, and while he thinks trump is awful, he's not motivated by any Dems (yet, hopefully)
Your friends needs to wake up. He must not think Trump is that awful if he's willing not to vote.

That said, none of my black friends like Trump and plan to vote Dem.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Your friends needs to wake up. He must not think Trump is that awful if he's willing not to vote.

for some, things haven't gotten better, regardless of who the President is

that's why whoever the Dem nom is needs to address the issues that affect them and motivate them to vote

Reactions: Gordy
Jun 2018
South Dakota
Are any of them Republicans?
I have several friends who are Democrats and voted for Hillary. They plan on voting for Trump this time. I have one friend in Calif who is a Republican and voted for Hillary because he doesn't like Trump. He plans on voting for the Democrat or not voting all if a Democrat he can't stomach is the candidate. He won't tell me what that might be.

Jan 2015
MD

No his friend is right. There is absolutely no reason for me to vote against Trump at all if the Democrats are just going to offer up yet another out of touch candidate like Joe Biden.