Mother, 38, is arrested in front of her children and locked in a cell for seven HOURS after calling a transgender woman a man on Twitter

Sep 2015
Stage Left
High Court papers obtained by The Mail on Sunday detail how Mrs Scottow is accused of a 'campaign of targeted harassment' against Miss Hayden, allegedly motivated by her 'status as a transgender woman'.

The papers claim that, as a 'toxic' debate raged online over plans to allow people to 'self-ID' as another gender, Mrs Scottow tweeted 'defamatory' messages about Miss Hayden.

She is also alleged to have used accounts in two names to 'harass, defame, and publish derogatory and defamatory tweets' about Miss Hayden, including referring to her as male, stating she was 'racist, xenophobic and a crook' and mocking her as a 'fake lawyer'.

It seems that there is a little more to it.
well of course there is, and of course these clowns dont want to hear about it. they like to make things simple for their little brains and narratives.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Clarify your comment please.
I'll try. Mind you.... It is my personal observation. Not a fact.

In a nutshell, the idea of a law from another country has this appeal to a influential segment of a population that wishes the same for their country, regardless of the lack in desire, the history and the centuries long make up for any particular country.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I'll try. Mind you.... It is my personal observation. Not a fact.

In a nutshell, the idea of a law from another country has this appeal to a influential segment of a population that wishes the same for their country, regardless of the lack in desire, the history and the centuries long make up for any particular country.
That makes little sense. If a majority of country A does not approve of the laws of country B country A will not adopt the same law. If they do approve of the law then they might, afte ra time, adopt it.
That has more to do with mass global communication that it does any globalization of laws.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
That makes little sense. If a majority of country A does not approve of the laws of country B country A will not adopt the same law. If they do approve of the law then they might, afte ra time, adopt it.
That has more to do with mass global communication that it does any globalization of laws.
Except A adopts them anyways, according to incentives or wishful desires in thinking everything will go smoothly as it supposedly does in B. For examples, our country and hate crime laws. While i get it that no one one needs to be fearful in their own country, how it gels with our culture of free speech and the constitution, seems self evident to any so called reasonable person.
But it is not when we get into the murkiness of not only our laws, but also in imitating the law of another country will cause mass confusion, division and resistance from both sides (for and against) in any said country. Most especially when absolutely nothing is taken into consideration. (E.g. history, population size, demographics, geographics, economy and ect....)

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Except A adopts them anyways, according to incentives or wishful desires in thinking everything will go smoothly as it supposedly does in B. For examples, our country and hate crime laws. While i get it that no one one needs to be fearful in their own country, how it gels with our culture of free speech and the constitution, seems self evident to any so called reasonable person.
But it is not when we get into the murkiness of not only our laws, but also in imitating the law of another country will cause mass confusion, division and resistance from both sides (for and against) in any said country. Most especially when absolutely nothing is taken into consideration. (E.g. history, population size, demographics, geographics, economy and ect....)
Oh, I see. You're simply saying that due to cultural & other differences there is no guarantee and one law will work as well, or be accepatted as well, as it was in another country.
That's pretty much a nop-brainer, a given.

Nov 2005
California
Except A adopts them anyways, according to incentives or wishful desires in thinking everything will go smoothly as it supposedly does in B. For examples, our country and hate crime laws.
No. That's not a good example for you.
Poll after poll after poll shows a majority in this country WANT hate crime legislation. It's a clear majority.
Try to find any nation-wide poll (which adheres to scientific standards) which shows a majority does not want hate crime legislation. Even amongst Republican voters there is majority support (by a factor of almost 2 to 1).

There is no "incentive" for the U.S. to do so other than adopting a law that the majority of citizenry wants.

While i get it that no one one needs to be fearful in their own country, how it gels with our culture of free speech and the constitution, seems self evident to any so called reasonable person.
I am repeatedly amused by such statements that try to strongly insinuate that others should believe an assessment when there is no real basis provided for it.
It's called "bluffing".

If the majority of a population sees something they want enacted (regardless of whether or not it originated in another country), then by all means it should be enacted.
That's how a democracy works.

But the reality is that our country has a frame-work of free speech that presents a barrier for some legislation from another country to be adopted here. This involves two people on Twitter and as such I don't see any true risk for legislation to be adopted in this country that covers this specific scenario.