Mueller Testimony - Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Jul 2019
Georgia
No shit they'll set a dangerous precedent! They already have. Because after a very brief window of opportunity to see what government agencies are doing, that window is firmly shut, and today's Democrats say nothing about the abuses committed by their political enemy, because ultimately, they're all on the same team. Obama's henchmen revived the 1916 Espionage Act to prosecute whistleblowers and more important- intimidate any other altruistic government officials from stepping forward and telling the people what their government is doing and trying to keep secret.

Now, their game is so successful that they can hide information in plain sight just by making sure that MSM refrain from mentioning it. As long as the majority of people can't find or can't be bothered to search for all of the fragmented alternative media sites whistleblowers have to turn to, they've won their game! They won't lose until enough people realize their playing a losing game by assuming that this mostly fake drama of good guys vs bad guys is just a sham and they all work for the same objectives and powerful interests!
I'm not really as passionate about the issue as you are, so I can't comment too much on what you said

what are your thoughts about Reality Winner? curious because it happened in Georgia, and she worked with one of my clients (I don't have any inside information though)

plus I heard a cool Son Volt song about her the other day

Dec 2016
Canada
I'm not really as passionate about the issue as you are, so I can't comment too much on what you said

what are your thoughts about Reality Winner? curious because it happened in Georgia, and she worked with one of my clients (I don't have any inside information though)

plus I heard a cool Son Volt song about her the other day

thanks for the reminder! What I do know is that Reality Winner is a whistleblower, or at least an attempted whistleblower who was outed either deliberately or by incompetence by the folks at The Intercept, after transferring to them an NSA document which contained information about the Russian Military Intelligence branch - GRU hacking into the files of a voting software supplier - VR Systems, and sending spear-phishing emails to over 100 local election officials prior to the Nov. 2016 General Election.

Reality Winner became one of three whistleblowers so far, the blundering Intercept has outed, who are now behind bars in America's prison system. This obviously raises questions about how reliable and beneficial billionaire-backed and funded "alternative" media sites like the Intercept are.

Reality Winner is yet another whistleblower charged under that Espionage Act of 1916 - https://standwithreality.org/ for revealing government documents she believed the public had a right to know about. If the document, based on an NSA investigation going on during the waning days of the Obama Administration represented a national security threat, why did both outgoing and incoming governments seal it shut from public view and throw the book at a young, idealistic woman who wanted the people to know about this threat or claimed threat to the electoral system?

Back in the days when Julian Assange was becoming a subversive free speech celebrity, he argued that people should be able to protect their personal information from the prying eyes of government authority/while the public should have the right to know what their governments are up to. The end result is that government authorities and their private (for profit) contractors know all of our secrets, while they keep their information hidden from public view, so welcome to the nightmare world of 1984.

*and the song I guess is well intentioned! But for my tastes it reminds me too much of the agenda-driven protest music written during the later stages of the Vietnam War. Great music can be inspired by real life events, but when it's a couple of hippies jamming and trying to think of a song for the cause, it sounds a little forced and uninspired.

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Georgia
thanks for the reminder! What I do know is that Reality Winner is a whistleblower, or at least an attempted whistleblower who was outed either deliberately or by incompetence by the folks at The Intercept, after transferring to them an NSA document which contained information about the Russian Military Intelligence branch - GRU hacking into the files of a voting software supplier - VR Systems, and sending spear-phishing emails to over 100 local election officials prior to the Nov. 2016 General Election.

Reality Winner became one of three whistleblowers so far, the blundering Intercept has outed, who are now behind bars in America's prison system. This obviously raises questions about how reliable and beneficial billionaire-backed and funded "alternative" media sites like the Intercept are.

Reality Winner is yet another whistleblower charged under that Espionage Act of 1916 - https://standwithreality.org/ for revealing government documents she believed the public had a right to know about. If the document, based on an NSA investigation going on during the waning days of the Obama Administration represented a national security threat, why did both outgoing and incoming governments seal it shut from public view and throw the book at a young, idealistic woman who wanted the people to know about this threat or claimed threat to the electoral system?

Back in the days when Julian Assange was becoming a subversive free speech celebrity, he argued that people should be able to protect their personal information from the prying eyes of government authority/while the public should have the right to know what their governments are up to. The end result is that government authorities and their private (for profit) contractors know all of our secrets, while they keep their information hidden from public view, so welcome to the nightmare world of 1984.

*and the song I guess is well intentioned! But for my tastes it reminds me too much of the agenda-driven protest music written during the later stages of the Vietnam War. Great music can be inspired by real life events, but when it's a couple of hippies jamming and trying to think of a song for the cause, it sounds a little forced and uninspired.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the Intercept, and especially not Glenn Grenwald. He's a Russian/Putin sympathizer, and he's not even shy about it.

As far as your thoughts on the song, don't listen to the entire album, lol. Or any new albums put out by current rock or americana bands. Other examples I can think of are Raconteurs and Drive-By Truckers, but almost every band is putting out music about current events now.

Patterson Hood is blowing my mind. He's been writing songs the same day the news comes out. What it Means, Guns of Umpqua, and Babies in Cages are examples. They are all fantastic songs.

They opened up with a slowed-down version of Guns of Umpqua right after the Parkland shooting at Homecoming 18, and it was powerful. And much to my chagrin, I partied way too hard Friday of Homecoming this year and didn't know until after the show they played Babies in Cages. I was there for it but couldn't tell you anything about it. Oooopsie.

Sorry I know it's off topic, but music is what I'm passionate about.

Dec 2016
Canada
Yeah I'm not a fan of the Intercept, and especially not Glenn Grenwald. He's a Russian/Putin sympathizer, and he's not even shy about it.

As far as your thoughts on the song, don't listen to the entire album, lol. Or any new albums put out by current rock or americana bands. Other examples I can think of are Raconteurs and Drive-By Truckers, but almost every band is putting out music about current events now.

Patterson Hood is blowing my mind. He's been writing songs the same day the news comes out. What it Means, Guns of Umpqua, and Babies in Cages are examples. They are all fantastic songs.

They opened up with a slowed-down version of Guns of Umpqua right after the Parkland shooting at Homecoming 18, and it was powerful. And much to my chagrin, I partied way too hard Friday of Homecoming this year and didn't know until after the show they played Babies in Cages. I was there for it but couldn't tell you anything about it. Oooopsie.

Sorry I know it's off topic, but music is what I'm passionate about.
Are you nothing but a troll! Glenn Greenwald is the only one at the Intercept I would trust or give any credence to! If he didn't see it coming when he signed up after meeting Ed Snowden with Laura Poitras, moving from the Guardian to the Intercept was jumping out of the frying pan.....into another frying pan! If he won't admit making a mistake, citizen journalism can't work if it's set up and funded by billionaires!

And now, GG's been collecting a good salary filing stories for the Intercept....which include revelations about the fascist government in Brazil, and imprisoned former president - Lula for fabricated reasons. As a result, the fascist president- Bolsonaro has been threatening to arrest both Greenwald and his husband - David Miranda, which would leave their adopted children orphaned. So, repeating attacks on his character emanating from state agencies in the US and Brazil are pretty low class!

Jul 2019
Georgia
Are you nothing but a troll! Glenn Greenwald is the only one at the Intercept I would trust or give any credence to! If he didn't see it coming when he signed up after meeting Ed Snowden with Laura Poitras, moving from the Guardian to the Intercept was jumping out of the frying pan.....into another frying pan! If he won't admit making a mistake, citizen journalism can't work if it's set up and funded by billionaires!

And now, GG's been collecting a good salary filing stories for the Intercept....which include revelations about the fascist government in Brazil, and imprisoned former president - Lula for fabricated reasons. As a result, the fascist president- Bolsonaro has been threatening to arrest both Greenwald and his husband - David Miranda, which would leave their adopted children orphaned. So, repeating attacks on his character emanating from state agencies in the US and Brazil are pretty low class!
so I'm a troll because I don't like Glenn Greenwald? I had no idea he was the only one you approved of when you stated your thoughts on the Intercept. I don't care for him and will give some examples of why when I have a little more time.

I'm not trolling, I thought I was having a civilized discussion, but apparently the mention of Greenwald was a no-no. Sorry man.

Dec 2016
Canada
so I'm a troll because I don't like Glenn Greenwald? I had no idea he was the only one you approved of when you stated your thoughts on the Intercept. I don't care for him and will give some examples of why when I have a little more time.

I'm not trolling, I thought I was having a civilized discussion, but apparently the mention of Greenwald was a no-no. Sorry man.
You said 'he was the only one at the Intercept you would not trust.' My opinion is the exact opposite, though I don't like his avoidance of the issue about changes in the Intercept's news coverage and failing three whistleblowers, who the FBI found easy to identify through information provided to them by Intercept. I'm waiting for editors and managers like Jeremy Scahill, or the owner - Pierre Omidyar to explain why or how three whistleblowers who gave them information were outed and then arrested!

Those are the people who need to explain the game their playing with these sources! But GG needs to at least explain what he knows about it and tell why he's still with them, instead of leaving when he discovered malfeasance......like he did a number of times before after working for dubious organizations lacking credibility!

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
The only thing I got new from the Mueller testimony was that Mueller was simply a front man who had no clue what was in the report with his name on it.... It was really Andrew Wiesman's Report

Dec 2016
Canada
The only thing I got new from the Mueller testimony was that Mueller was simply a front man who had no clue what was in the report with his name on it.... It was really Andrew Wiesman's Report
That would explain why he didn't understand what was in a report he supposedly authored!

If he's losing his marbles now, I still can't feel too sorry for him! Because Robert Mueller is so typical of every middling, incompetent hack, who spends his life climbing his way up the management ladder, looking for the right coattails to take him to the top! What he has shown now and in the past, is that he is a servant of power, who tells those in power what they want to hear. So, when he was asked to play his small role as FBI director to help lie America into an Iraq Invasion, he made all the declarations about the overwhelming evidence that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and was about to use them. And like so many other Washington bureaucrats, failed his way upwards while those who tried to get the truth out or stop the rush to war were punished instead! When the War began, Mueller did his War On Terror contribution by rounding up innocent Arab nationals and immigrants. And after 9-11, there was the anthrax investigation fiasco which led one man - a chemist who Mueller decided early was the culprit, to commit suicide a couple years after charges were dropped.

So Mueller is typical of what happens in many bureaucracies: real leaders and thinkers are forced out, and replaced with barely competent hacks who learn fast who they have to serve and what they have to say to work their way to the top of the organization!

Jul 2019
Georgia
yes, please. who cares about reconciling trump's and barr's lies though?

Fed Judge: ‘Difficult to Reconcile’ Mueller Report with AG Barr’s Statements
Jerry Lambe 23 hrs ago

A federal judge on Monday heard more than two hours of arguments regarding whether a less-redacted version of former special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the Russia investigation should be released.

The proceeding stemmed from consolidated lawsuits filed by Buzzfeed News reporter Jason Leopold and the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), both of whom sought unredacted versions of the report via Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) filings.

As lawyers for the Department of Justice argued in favor of not releasing a fuller version of the report, Federal District Judge Reggie Walton seemed particularly incredulous of some of their arguments against allowing the public access to portions of the report that remain redacted.

According to a report from The Hill, Walton, an appointee of former President George W. Bush, was concerned about the conduct of Attorney General William Barr in the immediate aftermath of the report’s release and expressed concern that failing to disclose the reasons for prosecutorial decisions only “undermines even further” the public’s trust in the criminal justice system.

“I do have some concerns because it seems to me difficult to reconcile the contents of the Mueller report and statements made by the attorney general [about the report],” Walton said of Barr’s 4-page summary of the Mueller report. (Barr stated that Mueller had determined there had been “no collusion” between the Trump campaign and Russia.)

“It’d seem to be inconsistent with what the report itself said,” Walton said, adding that Barr’s summary “did not fully capture the context, nature and substance” of the report.

Fed Judge: ‘Difficult to Reconcile’ Mueller Report with AG Barr’s Statements

this isn't rocket surgery, Barr lied to protect trump.