Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden Tells Buttigieg: ‘Stop Playing War Hero’

Sep 2019
Here
This talk of YoursTruly supposedly doing research on Mark Thompson had me curious.
So I looked for Mark's other Time articles. Perhaps he makes a habit of criticizing military members?

Actually, his work has SAVED military lives.

Thompson graduated from Boston University College of Communication in 1975 and began his career where he grew up, at the Pendulum, in East Greenwich, Rhode Island.[4] After a spell in Pontiac, Michigan, he moved to Washington in 1979, and joined the Washington bureau of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The newspaper received the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service for a five-part series by Thompson that was published in March 1984. Thompson covered, or uncovered, a design flaw in Bell helicopters that went uncorrected for a decade and led to the deaths of 250 U.S. servicemen; in consequence of his work, 600 Huey helicopters were grounded and modified.[1][2][3][4] He joined Knight-Ridder Newspapers in 1986, where he reported extensively on the Persian Gulf War and the U.S. invasion of Panama.[4]
In 1994, Thompson joined Time magazine as national-security correspondent, focusing on the challenges facing the post-Cold War U.S. military. Following the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, he charted the resulting profound changes in U.S. military policy, and the impact of those changes on the men and women waging the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He retired from Time in 2016 and now writes about military matters for the non-partisan Project on Government Oversight in Washington, D.C.​

Anybody who is interested, read his work. Like this one:
He treats the funeral of Air Force pilot with solemnity and respect.

Hey wait! Here's an article where he talks about TRUMP'S PICK for Secretary of Defense: James 'Mad Dog' Mattis.
Surely he drug the guy through the mud and called him a baby killer, right?

I don't know what "research" YoursTruly supposedly did that leads to the claimed conclusion.
Somehow, I doubt we'll get any evidence of it either...
If Mark was so star spangled awesome about the troops, how could he possibly come to the conclusion that O'Neill was "merely the triggerman?"

Nov 2005
California
If Mark was so star spangled awesome about the troops, how could he possibly come to the conclusion that O'Neill was "merely the triggerman?"
Can you do me a favor and LISTEN for a change?
You are taking ONE PHRASE and ignoring the actual context. You even openly stated you refused to read past the first sentence, but then you can't understand how others can see something you don't???

He is not diminishing O'Neill. He is pointing out there is a long list of people who deserve credit, but O'Neill is the only one being looked at.

Robert O’Neill may have fired the shot that killed Osama bin Laden, but he was merely the triggerman. The U.S. and members of its military—thousands of them—killed the 9/11 mastermind. The fact is that O’Neill and those telling his story seem to miss that point.​
There is no “I” in “team,” coaches and military commanders are fond of saying. But that rule apparently applies less and less if you’re at the “tip of the spear” like the Navy SEALs who allegedly killed Osama bin Laden in his lair in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on May 2, 2011.​

Let me check something.........

Yup, just as I suspected. This thread isn't about Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: Lyzza and Clara007
Feb 2020
dfw, texas
Yeah, BY GOD!!!!!!!!

Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden Tells Buttigieg: ‘Stop Playing War Hero’

The former Navy SEAL responsible for killing al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden offered some harsh advice for Democrat presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg, who often touts his five months in Afghanistan on the presidential campaign trail.

“My advice for Pete Buttigieg… Stop playing war hero. You’re gonna get called out,” wrote Robert O’Neill on Twitter.
he should quit playing war hero. i think it turned out the only people "defending" old man bin laden were his wives, it is not like this bitch was storming the beaches at normandy. screw this jerk. this guy is playing the war hero way more than mayor pete is when he truthfully mentions he volunteered to serve in combat....that is not playing war hero, this dumbshit who does play war hero is just too stupid to understand words and sentences and stuff.

Reactions: RNG and Lyzza
Feb 2020
dfw, texas
that post is wonderful, informative and just the kind of thing this country needs- even more proof of what a colossal idiot trump is, too stupid to even know when somebody is making fun of his bone spur ass. your post is weak and snowflakey, and the punk you quoted is the one playing war hero, not Buttigieg. you are just too biased and too enamored of trump to think clearly.

Reactions: Lyzza
Feb 2020
dfw, texas
So are you claiming that Pete's service as a naval intelligence officer was worthless?
it seems to me, what a person has done with his life after serving in combat might be more informative than just that part of his life. for instance, Tim McVeigh was a decorated combat hero. Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman, the Texas Tower Sniper, were both former Marine sharpshooters.

McVeigh received several service awards, including the Bronze Star Medal,[1] National Defense Service Medal,[20] Southwest Asia Service Medal,[21] Army Service Ribbon,[21] and the Kuwaiti Liberation Medal.[20]

As far as after combat life, Mayor Pete is the mayor of a good sized town and has a fair chance of becoming the democratic candidate for President. this other goon is tweeting mean girl tweets about Mayor Pete on the internet.

Game, set and match to Mayor Pete.