Never Trust the Police

Nov 2012
Michigan
Police, in general, are not corrupt (IMO).
But part of the problem is the "Blue Wall" whereby police officers protect their own in situations where bad eggs or bad behavior should be punished.

This thread reminded me of an article where a police officer gave some of his personal numbers to the situation...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dreamworks/why-cops-like-me-stay-quiet-about-police-brutality

The article is a good read. I would recommend reading the full article at the site.
It also talks about burnout which I can imagine is a serious problem for some areas. I don't think our government does well for stress for police (or other areas like military).
It helps put the blue wall of silence in context as well.
Police in general are corrupt, if they weren’t the bad cops would be arrested more often. They almost never are.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Police in general are corrupt, if they weren’t the bad cops would be arrested more often. They almost never are.
i am 60 years old it took me this long to realize you can not trust the police.. power tends to corrupt absolute power corrupts absolutely.. its our fault too. its like Friedrich Nietzsche claimed if you let yourself be oppressed you deserve to be oppressed, the fact we dont fight back violently is to our sham if we were real men, we'd take matters into our own hands, i saw in mexico peasants pennyless landless peasants got fed up with the drug lords and the police and all the police are corrupt turing their natin into a drug land and a hell, the grabbed what guns they had stole from armeries the army actually gave civilians guns they were so disgusted they killed many drug narcos and arrested many police themselves the new 'leftist' government was helpless but sypathtic and tried to help them by registering and licensing them to possess military guns
but they took matter on themselves they became vigilantes and so should we
whats the point of all these guns if we dont use them to protect ourselves?
'Cartel Land' Follows Vigilantes Fighting Mexican Drug Gangs