Never Trust the Police

May 2019
US
Anyone can cherry pick anecdotes to make a point. If I posted 9 pages of cops being heroes (the vids are there for that too), I could not then deduce that all cops are heroes.
This debate needs data

Nov 2012
Michigan
Anyone can cherry pick anecdotes to make a point. If I posted 9 pages of cops being heroes (the vids are there for that too), I could not then deduce that all cops are heroes.
This debate needs data
These videos show time after time of long serving veteran officers committing heinous acts openly in front of fellow officers with no evidence of shame. The evidence is that police officers in the US are poorly trained, poorly screened, and often badly motivated for their duties. It is blatantly obvious that police work attracts individuals with mental health issues that are not being treated,

May 2019
US
These videos show time after time of long serving veteran officers committing heinous acts openly in front of fellow officers with no evidence of shame. The evidence is that police officers in the US are poorly trained, poorly screened, and often badly motivated for their duties. It is blatantly obvious that police work attracts individuals with mental health issues that are not being treated,
I haven’t watched the videos here as I’m on my phone and need the data. But I’ve seen their like before and I recognize one of them. Videos of these sorts often show a narrow perspective, sometimes edited, but often leading to in accurate conclusions about what happened. Rarely if ever do they provide the consequences faced by officers for known improper conduct. No reasonable person would look at a few videos of bad people and extrapolate conclusions about a population of 750,000.
The data does not support your claims.