New Age No War

Feb 2014
Oregon
Hossier, thank you so much for that book report.

My book about education and culture came to a halt when it became obvious that I must tackle the Christian problem. Tackling the Christian problem means documenting it, not just saying Christianity is a serious problem. The founding myth looks like the validation I need along with another Christian book I picked up recently.

"NEA: Propaganda Front of the Radical Left" by Sally D Reed is an argument against those ignorant, liberal teachers who form the National Education Association and according to Sally, only want power and money and care nothing about children. I was shocked that anyone would speak so poorly of teachers, and so boldly for cutting school funds and increasing National Defense spending. It opposes desegregation and tolerance of gays and complains about Christians being called racist bigots. :lol: How can we avoid the problems caused by racist bigots by remaining silent of the problem? This goes on other prejudices that get our nation into wars that should be avoided.

The book I am reading tells of an organization with the purpose of getting control of education and getting rid of the ignorant liberals. This, like the 2012 Texas Republican Agenda to prevent education in the higher-order thinking skills is a serious Christian problem opposing American values based on reasoning following the Age of Reason and the Enlightenment. Which informs me that I should be looking for more Christian organizations of this nature and devoting a chapter to the organized Christian problem.

All long I knew I want to say something along the line of what The founding myth says, but obviously, the author of that book is better qualified on legal matters and has provided a better explanation than I can. Our national morality coming from Greek and Roman classics is morality based on reason, not a book written centuries ago, filled with human prejudices and ignorance and can never be corrected as long as it is thought to be the word of a God! We must raise awareness that democracy relies on moral judgment based on reason and consensus of the best reasoning, and invites arguments which constantly update and improve the reason, unlike freezing our reasoning in the distant past long before scientific thinking and greater knowledge of the world.

Nov 2013
NM
Hossier, thank you so much for that book report.

My book about education and culture came to a halt when it became obvious that I must tackle the Christian problem. Tackling the Christian problem means documenting it, not just saying Christianity is a serious problem. The founding myth looks like the validation I need along with another Christian book I picked up recently.

Glad to be of help. Yes, Seidel builds a rigorous case - the values of Christianity are @ odds with the Enlightenment values that underlie the US Declaration of Independence & the Constitution.

Feb 2014
Oregon
Well, thank you love. :kiss: You may of just pulled me out of a deep depression. I have called my library and the book is out but I put a hold on the book and will be informed when I can pick it up.

Reading the book written by a Christian attacking the Nation Education Association has been depressing. It is pushing the racist, homophobic and hawkish agenda of some highly politically active Christians. That is different from knowing we have different opinions. It is gaining an understanding of how politically important these differences of opinion are. This particular Christian group pushes for our development of nuclear warfare with evidently no awareness that a nuclear war could set us back to primitive times, or even destroy all life on earth. Believing their asses are covered by Jesus makes them a threat to the world. If not nuclear war than perhaps global warming. As I understand the problem it is having a false belief in supernatural powers, and their special relationship with these supernatural powers, and rejecting science. That flies in the face of the reasoning that led to democracy.