New Brain Chip Enables Telepathic Control of Multiple Aerial Drones or Planes.

Oct 2010
Colorado
“I think cyborgs are inevitable, totally inevitable. But fear them not.” – Patrick Tucker, Technology Reporter, DefenseOne.com

Reflexively become suspicious when someone says "Trust me." Now, cyborgs are saying "Trust me?"

New Brain Chip Enables Telepathic Control of Multiple Aerial Drones or Planes.
On September 6, 2018, a news headline from DefenseOne.com Technology Reporter Patrick Tucker caught my attention: “A person with a brain chip can now pilot a swarm of drones — or even advanced fighter jets, thanks to research funded by the U. S. military’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA.”

For the first time ever, DARPA has announced that it has demonstrated the use of telepathic thoughtfrom a human brain embedded with a specific kind of computer chip that allows a person to command and control simultaneously three types of drone aircraft by mental thoughts while watching the drones on a screen, as demonstrated in a DARPA simulator.

DARPA’s Director of Biological Technology Office in National Harbor, Maryland, says: “The signals from those drone aircraft can be delivered directly back to the brain so that the human brain of that pilot can also perceive the environment around the aerial drones. It has taken a number of years to try and figure this out. … We actually saw that the brain really cares about collective behaviors of swarms, and now we know where to record from and what to see from the brain signals in order to decode for collective behaviors for aerial vehicles and swarms of robots.”

I called DefenseOne reporter Patrick Tucker for an update, and here he is now from his office in Washington, D. C. beginning with how he describes this new frontier.
Read the interview here: New Brain Chip Enables Telepathic Control of Multiple Aerial Drones or Planes. – Earthfiles