New polls: Support for impeaching Trump higher than opposition for the first time!

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
I'm not taking sides, but the fact is the majority of Americans do not understand the Constitution and are opposed to it. So, regardless of the percentage, if you oppose the principles contained in the Constitution, you are not a patriot.
There's room for interpretation, but it's unclear whether Trump understands it and may, in fact, oppose it for self-serving reasons:

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
I'm not taking sides, but the fact is the majority of Americans do not understand the Constitution and are opposed to it. So, regardless of the percentage, if you oppose the principles contained in the Constitution, you are not a patriot.
Impeachment is a constitutional process. How is supporting a constitutional process "opposing the principles contained in the Constitution?"

LTP

Mar 2018
Grayson
Impeachment is a constitutional process. How is supporting a constitutional process "opposing the principles contained in the Constitution?"
I was channel hopping a few nights ago and Mike Huckabee had a segment on showing various clips from news and news commentary shows going back to 2016. Virtually every month since then, the Dems were coming up with some pretext for impeachment on the nightly news or political commentary shows. Wish I had a link to share.

The process was not made to be abused. The Democrats have been abusing the whole process to try and remove Trump because they cannot accept the fact that they got defeated. But, even that is not my point.

Between the changing views on Liberty, independence, self sufficiency, private property Rights, gun Rights, privacy Rights, the free market, being self reliant, and having unalienable Rights, it appears that most people are opposed to the principles upon which the founders / framers fought, bled and died for. So I don't give a damn what is popular. What I see are Republicans and Democrats going to the same destination via different routes. Neither side admits that their views are not in line with the founders / framers so they attempt to force change with that illogical democratic vote B.S. calling America a democratic republic.

America was founded as a Republic, guaranteeing unalienable Rights FROM the threat of a popularity vote. Quietly, both sides abolished the concept of unalienable Rights... even REMOVING the word from Black's Law Dictionary while that word unalienable is the official word used in the Declaration of Independence (which Thomas Jefferson also referred to as the Declaratory Charter of the Rights of Man.) The word unalienable had a very specific LEGAL MEANING. Our system illegally replaced it with the word "inalienable" which was interpreted in case law much differently. Consequently, when everybody wanted to make impeachment about a popularity vote, I said I don't care what percentage of Americans are "for" or "against" something, because most Americans stand opposed to the REPUBLIC upon which this nation was founded. If it means a popularity vote, a usurpation of power, lies, abuse of process, etc. then the average American will stoop that low to get what they want.

OTOH, I have supported the Constitution and defended people I vehemently disagreed with only to be called names, vilified, and many times locked out of the process. For that matter, I've been beaten, shot, threatened, and run through the system twice for nothing more than what I believe in. I've personally known more people than I can count who have gone through the same and worse - even killed for defending a Constitution the masses find objectionable. So, whether a proposition is popular or not does not reflect whether it is constitutional or not. The proper procedure to change the Constitution is via an amendment. We are guaranteed a Republic NOT a democracy.

Reactions: coldjoint
Sep 2019
NYC
This Syria move is having all kinds of effects I wasn't expecting. Leningrad Lindsey and Moscow Mitch have come out against it in surprisingly strong terms. And now it appears he has offended at least some evangelicals. Or at least one important one.

If you all are interested, i can hook you up with several private military contracting firms. You can sign up to fight there. no trump needed.

Jul 2019
Georgia
This Syria move is having all kinds of effects I wasn't expecting. Leningrad Lindsey and Moscow Mitch have come out against it in surprisingly strong terms. And now it appears he has offended at least some evangelicals. Or at least one important one.

Franklin Graham is a big trumper, right?

anyway, prayer has been proven to work 100% of the time, so I'm sure everything's going to be fine

Reactions: RNG