New York State

Nov 2012
Michigan
I had heard previously about the recent abortion law passed in New York opening up abortion on demand until the moment of birth, and I already thought that sounds really awful. Pulling into a parking lot listening to the radio I heard a little more about what is in this law. Apparently spelled out in this law, buried near the end is specific wording allowing for babies that survive the abortion process to be denied medical care, comfort, nourishment, attention of any beneficial kind.
Hearing this I quickly parked to stop the car as I felt very sick to my stomach.

Reactions: xMathFanx
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
So basically you can just step on its head when it pops out...no biggie.

How progressive.

Nov 2012
Michigan
Makes one wonder how far this retroactive abortion standard will be taken. Isn’t a three year old child just as much an inconvenience to it’s mother as a newborn? It can’t feed or dress itself. There’s near endless expenses.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Makes one wonder how far this retroactive abortion standard will be taken. Isn’t a three year old child just as much an inconvenience to it’s mother as a newborn? It can’t feed or dress itself. There’s near endless expenses.

Postpartum abortion, it's all the rage.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
It is all fun and games until this law runs into the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003, which was upheld with Gonzales v. Carhart (2007) by the Supreme Court.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
It is all fun and games until this law runs into the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003, which was upheld with Gonzales v. Carhart (2007) by the Supreme Court.

Nope. States rights. They are important to leftists.

Reactions: Jimmyb
May 2013
arkansas
I had heard previously about the recent abortion law passed in New York opening up abortion on demand until the moment of birth, and I already thought that sounds really awful. Pulling into a parking lot listening to the radio I heard a little more about what is in this law. Apparently spelled out in this law, buried near the end is specific wording allowing for babies that survive the abortion process to be denied medical care, comfort, nourishment, attention of any beneficial kind.
Hearing this I quickly parked to stop the car as I felt very sick to my stomach.
This law does not allows 'abortion on demand'. It simply changes New York's laws requiring that a mothers life be in danger to her health being in danger.

I cannot find anything in it that allows for a live, healthy baby to be allowed to die from neglect.

NY State Senate Bill S240

READ: New York Late-Term Abortion Law [FULL DOCUMENT] | Heavy.com

Reactions: Clara007
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

But Jimmy, according to you, that's federal law and has nothing to do with state laws. The state is free to do as it pleases.

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Jun 2012
Barsoom
But Jimmy, according to you, that's federal law and has nothing to do with state laws. The state is free to do as it pleases.
You are correct. It is a state's peragative according to the Constitution. But the reality is that it will end up in court and the law and Supreme Court precedent will be the deciding factor.