Nike: Betsy Ross Flag vs the Stars and Bars . . . Confederate flag wins?

Sep 2017
Hell
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I doubt you get anything other than you own smugness. If you want to keep playing your pompous silly game of veiled insults and mockery, I can keep up.

No one was screaming it was a reminder or a symbol of slavery then, but why now when one jackass says it is?
So fucking what?
Why are you so ipset over the opinion of one jacksass?

Sep 2017
Hell
So fucking what?
Why are you so ipset over the opinion of one jacksass?
You asked me a question and I answered. Now you make up shit like you think I know how I feel. When out of answers or silly retorts, you simply slink away with *shrug*. Get a life old man, and drop the attitude,

Dec 2015
Arizona
I doubt you get anything other than you own smugness. If you want to keep playing your pompous silly game of veiled insults and mockery, I can keep up.
From Snopes:
This particular iteration of whataboutism was irrelevant, though, mostly because of the passage of time and intervening events. Although the Betsy Ross flag did adorn the stage during Obama’s second swearing-in ceremony, for some people the symbol has taken on new meanings in the era of his successor, President Donald Trump, during which far-right extremism has grown.

During the Trump era, what were once relics of the United States’ fraught history with violent racism have been taken up as causes for some far-right extremists. As white supremacists began rallying around Confederate monuments slated for removal, some tried to attach the Betsy Ross flag to their cause as a symbol.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
You asked me a question and I answered. Now you make up shit like you think I know how I feel. When out of answers or silly retorts, you simply slink away with *shrug*. Get a life old man, and drop the attitude,
And so what is another question?
Who elese should know how you feel other that you?
This look like I'm "slinking away?"

Sep 2017
Hell
From Snopes:
This particular iteration of whataboutism was irrelevant, though, mostly because of the passage of time and intervening events. Although the Betsy Ross flag did adorn the stage during Obama’s second swearing-in ceremony, for some people the symbol has taken on new meanings in the era of his successor, President Donald Trump, during which far-right extremism has grown.

During the Trump era, what were once relics of the United States’ fraught history with violent racism have been taken up as causes for some far-right extremists. As white supremacists began rallying around Confederate monuments slated for removal, some tried to attach the Betsy Ross flag to their cause as a symbol.
Snopes has now begun to make political opinions?

Even the Anti-Defamation League does not agree with you or Snopes.

The Anti-Defamation League does not include it in its database of hate symbols. Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow for the ADL's Center on Extremism, said extremist groups have occasionally used it, but the flag is most commonly used by people for patriotic purposes.

"We view it as essentially an innocuous historical flag," Pitcavage said. "It's not a thing in the white supremacist movement."
Is the Betsy Ross flag racist? Nike listened to Colin Kaepernick, but hate group monitors say no, conservatives push back.

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
They would have abandoned slavery only at such a time as when it became economically impractical. Only then.
More than likely the South would have abandoned slavery sooner or later....But what I was wondering would they have looked at the Stars and Bars and the Flag of Northern Virginia as symbols of hate.....Would they be tearing down statues of Robert E. Lee and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.....or would they still be revered as the Founding Fathers??

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
More than likely the South would have abandoned slavery sooner or later....But what I was wondering would they have looked at the Stars and Bars and the Flag of Northern Virginia as symbols of hate.....Would they be tearing down statues of Robert E. Lee and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.....or would they still be revered as the Founding Fathers??
Yeah, that's what I said...
Who "would still revered as the Founding fathers?"