No culture hates free speech more than modern culture does

Nov 2013
El Paso, TX

I go to mosque when I want to speak freely outside my home. That is the only public place that tolerates free speech. And I am not Muslim.

May 2018
Chicago

I go to mosque when I want to speak freely outside my home. That is the only public place that tolerates free speech. And I am not Muslim.
What exactly is it that you talk about in a mosque that you cannot say in public? This is quite a vague thread.

BTW, did the government tell you that you could not say certain things? It seems to me that you feel that you should be able to say whatever you want, but other people should not be able to criticize your speech. In essence, you want to be able to say anything, but other people should not be able to tell you that you're wrong or challenge you in any way. Do I have that about right?

Reactions: foundit66

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Franklin has quite a history here. He disappeared for over a year I think and now this. He previously threatened to become a Jew, then to join a commune, and several other things.

Basically I think he hates everything, especially current US culture.

As long as you don't take him too seriously he can be fun.

Reactions: Gordy
Nov 2013
El Paso, TX
What exactly is it that you talk about in a mosque that you cannot say in public? This is quite a vague thread.

BTW, did the government tell you that you could not say certain things? It seems to me that you feel that you should be able to say whatever you want, but other people should not be able to criticize your speech. In essence, you want to be able to say anything, but other people should not be able to tell you that you're wrong or challenge you in any way. Do I have that about right?
No you have it exactly wrong. What you are describing here is modern culture, the opposite of my view.

The government still allows free speech because the first amendment was written before Western culture went insane. But members of modern culture hate free speech and will certainly attack the first amendment until it is destroyed.

In the mosque I can express my views without being banned. This forum is actually the only forum of modern culture from which I am not yet banned.

May 2018
Chicago
No you have it exactly wrong. What you are describing here is modern culture, the opposite of my view.

The government still allows free speech because the first amendment was written before Western culture went insane. But members of modern culture hate free speech and will certainly attack the first amendment until it is destroyed.

In the mosque I can express my views without being banned. This forum is actually the only forum of modern culture from which I am not yet banned.
Let's try this again- what is it that you can say in a mosque that you can't say in public?

And actions have consequences. If you call your boss an asshole, you'll probably get fired. Do you think that you should be able to call your boss an asshole without consequences?

Nov 2013
El Paso, TX
Let's try this again- what is it that you can say in a mosque that you can't say in public?
Just read my posting history here. This forum is an exception. I can't say these things anywhere else in modern culture.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Just read my posting history here. This forum is an exception. I can't say these things anywhere else in modern culture.
And there you go dodging again. I don't, in cases like this actually admire consistency.

Reactions: Athena
Jul 2019
SoCal

The classical Romans really respected free speech; if they found people denying free speech, they knocked some heads and set them straight.