Nobody Told Trump That The D In D-Day Doesn't Stand For Donald

Nov 2012
nirvana
Dwight David Eisenhower, who commanded Allied forces on D-Day in 1944 and gave the order for the invasion, went to Normandy and gave an interview to Walter Cronkite of CBS News on the anniversary of the landings.

As they walked through the graveyard, Cronkite read some of the names and units of the dead on the headstones, simple crosses and Stars of David standing side by side in a vast field of grass. There were more than 9,000 buried there, Cronkite said. Eisenhower interrupted him to say that the graves at Normandy represented only 40 percent of those killed, as 60 percent of the bodies that were identified were taken home. Buried at Normandy are some of the bodies that were identified, and all of those who couldn’t be identified. The names of more than 1,500 missing soldiers and sailors are engraved on the Wall of the Missing in a garden at the cemetery, Eisenhower told Cronkite.

Then the two men sat down on a wall, and with the graves visible in the background Eisenhower explained what happened at Normandy on D-Day, and why: “These men came here — the British, and our other allies, Americans — to storm these beaches for one purpose only,” Eisenhower said, his voice level, but his countenance grim. “Not to gain anything for ourselves, not to fulfill any ambitions that America had for conquest, but just to preserve freedom — systems of self-government around the world. Many thousands of men have died for ideals such as these.”

Eisenhower took a moment to contrast the life of his own son, who graduated from West Point too late to serve in the war, with the lives of the young men lying in the graves behind him. “They were cut off in their prime,” he said. “They have families who grieve for them, but they never knew the great experiences of going through life like my son can enjoy. I devoutly hope that we will never again have to see such things as these. I think and hope — pray! — that humanity has learned more than we had learned up until that time. But these people gave us a chance, and bought time for us, so that we can do better than we have before.”

Dwight David Eisenhower is gone now, and so is Walter Cronkite. In their place on Thursday in Normandy, on yet another anniversary of the invasion that helped to end the evil of Nazism and save the democracies of Western Europe, were Donald Trump and Laura Ingrham of Fox News.

Nobody told Trump that the D in D-Day doesn’t stand for Donald

That last sentence makes you want to vomit doesn't it?

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Everywhere he goes, the weather is beautiful, very, very beautiful.

To be fair, Ingraham deserves some blame here too. She steered the interview into political waters.

INGRAHAM: We passed Nancy Pelosi as we were walking up to the stage earlier, she said some pretty harsh things over the last 24 hours, leaked out from her caucus, she said I don’t want to impeachment, I want him in prison, meaning you. How do you work with someone like that?

TRUMP: I think she’s a disgrace. I actually don’t think she’s a talented person, I’ve tried to be nice to her because I would have liked to have gotten some deals done. She’s incapable of doing deals, she’s a nasty, vindictive, horrible person, the Mueller report came out, it was a disaster for them. They thought their good friend Bobby Mueller was going to give them a great report and he came out with a report with 13 horrible, angry Democrats who are totally biased against me. A couple of them worked for Hillary Clinton, they then added five more, also Democrats, with all of that two and a half years think of it, from before I even got elected they’ve been going after me and they have nothing.

INGRAHAM: Do you mind if he testifies still, before you said you didn’t care if Mueller testified.

TRUMP: Let me tell you, he made such a fool out of himself the last time she – because what people don’t report is the letter he had to do to straighten out his testimony because his testimony was wrong but Nancy Pelosi, I call her nervous Nancy, Nancy Pelosi doesn’t talk about it. Nancy Pelosi’s a disaster, OK, she’s a disaster and let her do what she wants, you know what? I think they’re in big trouble because when you look at the kind of crimes that were committed and I don’t need any more evidence and I guess from what I’m hearing there’s a lot of evidence coming in. But you look, and then ask Nancy, why is her district a drug needles all over the place. It’s the most disgusting thing what she’s allowed to happen to her district. With needles, with drug addicts, with people living in the middle streets, with people living on the sidewalk, you can’t go – she ought to focus on that because she’s a disaster and she made a statement, it was a horrible, nasty…

INGRAHAM: When you were overseas…

TRUMP: …vicious statement while I’m overseas, now if I made any statement about anybody it would be like a big head, why would he do that when he’s overseas. She didn’t want to – she is a terrible person and I’ll tell you her name, it’s nervous Nancy because she’s a nervous wreck.

He's so sickening.

Nov 2012
nirvana

To be fair, Ingraham deserves some blame here too. She steered the interview into political waters.

INGRAHAM: We passed Nancy Pelosi as we were walking up to the stage earlier, she said some pretty harsh things over the last 24 hours, leaked out from her caucus, she said I don’t want to impeachment, I want him in prison, meaning you. How do you work with someone like that?

TRUMP: I think she’s a disgrace. I actually don’t think she’s a talented person, I’ve tried to be nice to her because I would have liked to have gotten some deals done. She’s incapable of doing deals, she’s a nasty, vindictive, horrible person, the Mueller report came out, it was a disaster for them. They thought their good friend Bobby Mueller was going to give them a great report and he came out with a report with 13 horrible, angry Democrats who are totally biased against me. A couple of them worked for Hillary Clinton, they then added five more, also Democrats, with all of that two and a half years think of it, from before I even got elected they’ve been going after me and they have nothing.

INGRAHAM: Do you mind if he testifies still, before you said you didn’t care if Mueller testified.

TRUMP: Let me tell you, he made such a fool out of himself the last time she – because what people don’t report is the letter he had to do to straighten out his testimony because his testimony was wrong but Nancy Pelosi, I call her nervous Nancy, Nancy Pelosi doesn’t talk about it. Nancy Pelosi’s a disaster, OK, she’s a disaster and let her do what she wants, you know what? I think they’re in big trouble because when you look at the kind of crimes that were committed and I don’t need any more evidence and I guess from what I’m hearing there’s a lot of evidence coming in. But you look, and then ask Nancy, why is her district a drug needles all over the place. It’s the most disgusting thing what she’s allowed to happen to her district. With needles, with drug addicts, with people living in the middle streets, with people living on the sidewalk, you can’t go – she ought to focus on that because she’s a disaster and she made a statement, it was a horrible, nasty…

TRUMP: …vicious statement while I’m overseas, now if I made any statement about anybody it would be like a big head, why would he do that when he’s overseas. She didn’t want to – she is a terrible person and I’ll tell you her name, it’s nervous Nancy because she’s a nervous wreck.

He's so sickening.
To be fair, Ingraham deserves some blame here too.

Oh, I'm right there with you on that

Dec 2015
Arizona

He's so sickening.
But....(and this is so sweet).....he TRIED to be nice to Nancy. He probably tried very very hard.

Jul 2018
Earth
Pelosi is an old buzzard who should be expelled from Congress. She is only there to enrich herself.

The story about the cemetery is sort of bullshit because it puts all of the dead into two groups. There are only 151 Jews buried there. The other 9,238 dead got Latin crosses, identifying them as Christians, even if they were of another religion or atheist. In WWII, people were identified as Catholic, Protestant, or Jewish. No one else need apply for a headstone.

It's possible to spot one of the 151 Jewish headstones out of the 9,238 Christian headstones but you have to look really close.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/88/0a/16/normandy-american-cemetery.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iEcGdYzO...fYGX979jpvlTgCK4B/s1600/Normandy+graves+f.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/American_military_cemetery_2003.JPG

The article is just a propaganda piece to condition the public to support an attack on Iran for the Israelis. The intent is to show that Jews and Americans have fought and died for the same cause.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Pelosi is an old buzzard who should be expelled from Congress. She is only there to enrich herself.
Pelosi is only in Congress to enrich herself??----as in---financially enrich herself $$$??? Pelosi makes a little over $200K for her speaker position which hardly adds mucho wealth to her already robust bank account which is estimated at over $16 million. Of course, compared to Darryl Issa, Pelosi is practically a pauper.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Dwight David Eisenhower, who commanded Allied forces on D-Day in 1944 and gave the order for the invasion, went to Normandy and gave an interview to Walter Cronkite of CBS News on the anniversary of the landings.

As they walked through the graveyard, Cronkite read some of the names and units of the dead on the headstones, simple crosses and Stars of David standing side by side in a vast field of grass. There were more than 9,000 buried there, Cronkite said. Eisenhower interrupted him to say that the graves at Normandy represented only 40 percent of those killed, as 60 percent of the bodies that were identified were taken home. Buried at Normandy are some of the bodies that were identified, and all of those who couldn’t be identified. The names of more than 1,500 missing soldiers and sailors are engraved on the Wall of the Missing in a garden at the cemetery, Eisenhower told Cronkite.

Then the two men sat down on a wall, and with the graves visible in the background Eisenhower explained what happened at Normandy on D-Day, and why: “These men came here — the British, and our other allies, Americans — to storm these beaches for one purpose only,” Eisenhower said, his voice level, but his countenance grim. “Not to gain anything for ourselves, not to fulfill any ambitions that America had for conquest, but just to preserve freedom — systems of self-government around the world. Many thousands of men have died for ideals such as these.”

Eisenhower took a moment to contrast the life of his own son, who graduated from West Point too late to serve in the war, with the lives of the young men lying in the graves behind him. “They were cut off in their prime,” he said. “They have families who grieve for them, but they never knew the great experiences of going through life like my son can enjoy. I devoutly hope that we will never again have to see such things as these. I think and hope — pray! — that humanity has learned more than we had learned up until that time. But these people gave us a chance, and bought time for us, so that we can do better than we have before.”

Dwight David Eisenhower is gone now, and so is Walter Cronkite. In their place on Thursday in Normandy, on yet another anniversary of the invasion that helped to end the evil of Nazism and save the democracies of Western Europe, were Donald Trump and Laura Ingrham of Fox News.

I see the TDS sufferer did not listen to The Greatest President of the 21st Centuries, D-Day speech, where he honored the 10s of 1000s that were involved in the D-Day invastion, even singling out the Combat Medic that was trying to save lives on that deadly Day.

MY Goodness how far the left has wimpified the US...

A Bad day for those that TRUMP HONORED AND PAISED, a Bad day was Charging Omaha Beach, Jumping with Screaming Eagles into hell where NAZIs were defending fortress Europe

To the TDS Suffering wimps that need a life time of mental health therapy, and comfort puppies, for the rest of their live long days.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Pelosi is only in Congress to enrich herself??----as in---financially enrich herself $$$??? Pelosi makes a little over $200K for her speaker position which hardly adds mucho wealth to her already robust bank account which is estimated at over $16 million. Of course, compared to Darryl Issa, Pelosi is practically a pauper.

Yes, she has been inside trading for decades, only difference it legal for her to do what the put Mrs. Stewart in prison for doing.

'60 Minutes' Uncovers Pelosi's Insider Stock Trades (Right wing source)

Confronting Pelosi on insider trading (leftwing Media)

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.

Our deplorables just don't care.