Nobody Told Trump That The D In D-Day Doesn't Stand For Donald

Jul 2018
Earth
Thanks. Now watch this. I'm going to do something very rare on DTT. I'm going to apologize.
So, TN. Thank you for posting the sources. I was interrupted while reading and completely jumped over them. I apologize.
AND thank you to FrostKing for the Bloomberg link.

So here's my reply. I don't like it. I don't like the fact that Congress and others in positions of authority GET/HAVE inside information. I don't like the unfair advantage of facts, little known to most others, but I don't know HOW to stop that. AND as is stated in the Bloomberg article most of the time these folks are walking a fine line:
"If you were a senator, Steve, and I gave you $10,000 cash, one or both of us is probably gonna go to jail. But if I’m a corporate executive and you’re a senator, and I give you IPO shares in stock and over the course of one day that stock nets you $100,000, that’s completely legal."​
AND here's another thing I don't like. I don't like Trump supporters who condemn people like Nancy Pelosi (and others) for possible ethical violations while accepting and in fact, praising, people like Trump for his disreputable, unprincipled affairs--financially and otherwise. That's called hypocrisy.
If you don't like it in Pelosi---if you think she is lining her pockets while using her position of authority, then you should most certainly condemn the current occupant of the White House.
I will go out on the limb and make the claim that ALL (not most) Washington politicians are crooks. If they now have more money than what they came into office with, they are GUILTY OF CORRUPTION. That is how they maintain party discipline. Once a person takes the bait he has made a pact with the devil. Everything is documented in such a way that if he/she later gets out of line, the evidence is produced and the person is ruined. It is the ultimate organized crime syndicate.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Well, Mueller made such a fool out of himself the last time she – because what people don’t report is the letter he had to do to straighten out his testimony because his testimony was wrong and it cost a lot of money, a lot of money, but Nancy Pelosi, I call her nervous Nancy, Nancy Pelosi doesn’t talk about it. Nancy Pelosi’s a disaster, OK, she’s a disaster and let her do what she wants, you know what? I think they’re in big trouble because when you look at the kind of crimes that were committed.

But, I don’t need any more evidence and I guess from what I’m hearing there’s a lot of evidence coming in. Believe me, I'm sure I made a tremendous effort, a great, very tremendous effort, as everybody has told me, but loser Nervous Nancy is incredibly hard to work with, very, very incredibly hard as we all know very, very well.

You'll see.
tenor-7.gif

Dec 2015
Arizona
I will go out on the limb and make the claim that ALL (not most) Washington politicians are crooks. If they now have more money than what they came into office with, they are GUILTY OF CORRUPTION. That is how they maintain party discipline. Once a person takes the bait he has made a pact with the devil. Everything is documented in such a way that if he/she later gets out of line, the evidence is produced and the person is ruined. It is the ultimate organized crime syndicate.
You might be surprised. Take a look. Although this is not super current, it will give you a sense of the wealth (and debt) of our congress.
Every Member of Congress’ Wealth in One Chart

Jul 2018
Earth
American males are typically fearful of powerful women for reasons that puzzle me.
However, the misogny of your comments become evident if one tries to apply the same statement to Mitch McConnell.
Mitch McConnell is the reason why abortion should be legal. It would have been better if he had never existed. The only people worse than him are the dummies who keep electing him. I have no favorites and can't list all 535 by name in every post.

Generally speaking, the trend toward more women in political leadership positions is not a good thing for the country. Women tend to prefer the benefits and security of the state over the solitary relationship with a man.

This article explains it =
How Vagina Guarantees Communism
Captain Capitalism: How Vagina Guarantees Communism

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Yes, she has been inside trading for decades, only difference it legal for her to do what the put Mrs. Stewart in prison for doing.

'60 Minutes' Uncovers Pelosi's Insider Stock Trades (Right wing source)

Confronting Pelosi on insider trading (leftwing Media)

And the REPUBLICANS that controlled congress for the last SIX YEARS took care of it ..... RIGHT ???? Sure they did. In 2012 congress voted overwhelmingly FOR the STOCK act. A bill which effectively says they can't trade on insider information. It was designed to prevent congress and their friends from profiting on stock that would be effected by upcoming legislation.

However in 2014 the lawyers for that same congress filed a motion with the court that basically prevented the SEC from investigating allegations of insider trading because lawmakers and their staff are constitutionally protected from such inquiries given the nature of their work.

So don;t tell us how crooked Pelosi is when the Repubs have done nothing to fix it.

And for the record MOST of Pelosi's fortune is from her HUSBAND of more than 50 years and his realestate and venture capitalist firm.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
And the REPUBLICANS that controlled congress for the last SIX YEARS took care of it ..... RIGHT ???? Sure they did. In 2012 congress voted overwhelmingly FOR the STOCK act. A bill which effectively says they can't trade on insider information. It was designed to prevent congress and their friends from profiting on stock that would be effected by upcoming legislation.

However in 2014 the lawyers for that same congress filed a motion with the court that basically prevented the SEC from investigating allegations of insider trading because lawmakers and their staff are constitutionally protected from such inquiries given the nature of their work.

So don;t tell us how crooked Pelosi is when the Repubs have done nothing to fix it.

And for the record MOST of Pelosi's fortune is from her HUSBAND of more than 50 years and his realestate and venture capitalist firm.
Correct me if I am wrong, but "insider trading" on "insider information" requires the information to be used for personal gain by an officer of a company. An insider can tell someone at a cocktail party some juicy tidbit of valuable information and THAT second person can trade on it without violation of insider trading law. So, all the information that comes across the desks of legislators may or may not contain valuable information but is not really "insider" information and, if I recall communications with legislators, is publicly available. These assertions need to be fact checked, of course.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Correct me if I am wrong, but "insider trading" on "insider information" requires the information to be used for personal gain by an officer of a company. An insider can tell someone at a cocktail party some juicy tidbit of valuable information and THAT second person can trade on it without violation of insider trading law. So, all the information that comes across the desks of legislators may or may not contain valuable information but is not really "insider" information and, if I recall communications with legislators, is publicly available. These assertions need to be fact checked, of course.
I'm reasonably sure you are wrong. TTBOMK anyone who gets information not available to the general public about a company and uses it to personally benefit is commiting a crime. The thing is, it is rarely prosecuted since as you say, the "I overheard it at a cocktail party" defense is hard to prove wrong. But that was basically what got Martha Stewart in trouble.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
I'm reasonably sure you are wrong. TTBOMK anyone who gets information not available to the general public about a company and uses it to personally benefit is commiting a crime. The thing is, it is rarely prosecuted since as you say, the "I overheard it at a cocktail party" defense is hard to prove wrong. But that was basically what got Martha Stewart in trouble.
I believe Martha Stewart committed perjury and obstruction of justice and was not charged with abuse of insider information.

Sep 2018
KC, MO
BubbaJones said:
She's Denied Access To Her Tax Returns
So We Don't Know 'The Record' Do We ??

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Insider trading refers to ANY information not available to the general public. If someone working for company X tells you their newest Kanibling Pin Actuator is a failure, doesn't meet standards and won't be coming to market as predicted, and you go out and short their stock a few days before they announce the failure to their investors YOU are now guilty of insider trading. Regardless of what Martha Stewart was convicted of, it all started with a suspiciously fortuitous transaction. Tho, to be honest, I think someone just had a hard on for her and and if not the stock trade, something else would have eventually lead to some sort of conviction.