North Carolina 9th District Special Election

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Election occurs tonight.
This district voted for Trump by 12 points in 2016.
This district voted red by less than 1 percentage point in 2018, but that election was nullified after allegations of election fraud surfaced.
Republican Dan Bishop is an attorney and politician with very traditional conservative positions, including being the architect for the controversial NC Bathroom Bill.
Democrat Dan McCready is a marine and entrepreneur running for his first political office, but is very much a moderate democrat when it comes to policy.

I'm not a huge believer that these special elections are a forecast for 2020, but this is worth watching.

Jul 2019
Georgia
it will be a long shot for McCready, but I will give him credit, he's been out there campaigning hard

the whole story of the original election is crazy. Harris should be in jail IMO, but at least Dowless got charged.

Jul 2019
Georgia
of interest - - - these are the Dem presidential candidates who made an effort to support McCready

Biden
Warren
Harris
Klobuchar
Buttigieg
O'Rouke

and those who didn't

Yang
Booker
Sanders
Gabbard
de Blasio

Jul 2019
Georgia
they're redrawing the districts soon right?

I wonder if it's possible Bishop might not even live in his district after the redraw lol

~~~

I complain about Georgia politics occasionally, but NC is a straight up mess

Jul 2019
Georgia
I'm betting you wouldn't describe it that way if the Dems won.
what?

I was referring to the fucked-up districts, the issues with the Governor's race, the dumbass bathroom law, the NC09 scandal, etc, etc, not about Dems winning

I'm not even a dem,

hell I'm even a fan of Burr (for the most part)

people who only see things in 2-party black/white goggles are weird to me

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Georgia
For example. Just today.

(there was no vote scheduled this morning)

They also just overrode the medicaid transformation act

probably some more things coming. I don't know where you're from, but sneak-attacks (using the anniversary of 9/11 in it, no less) are generally frowned upon by people who care about fairness and Democracy and stuff.

Last edited:
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I'm betting you wouldn't describe it that way if the Dems won.
No, becuase democrats have integrity and aren't cheating, dishonest, hypocritical scumbags like the right.

The right, who whine about "illegals voting" while its republicans that are getting caught trying to vote twice, and whine about "stealing elections"whne its actually republicans working with russian trolls and enabling them as long as they win, or republicnas suppressing votes, purging voter polls, and republicans gerrymandering so that they received millions less votes and pick up majority of seats. Or how about NC and Wisconsin that republicans, after they lost power to dems, made laws as lame ducks to prevent the democrats from having any power evne though they were about it get it.

Republicans are dishonest, cheating scum, and no amount of projection onto liberals will change that absolute fact