not everyone is as biased as you think

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I 100% agree not every site is biased, but it should be pointed out MBFC doesn't provide concrete answers. From their own FAQ page, it states that the site's owner Dave Van Zandt:

"obtained a Communications Degree before pursuing a higher degree in the sciences. Dave currently works full time in the health care industry. Dave has spent more than 20 years as an arm chair researcher on media bias and its role in political influence."

So while they're a helpful source, they're not the end all be all.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I 100% agree not every site is biased, but it should be pointed out MBFC doesn't provide concrete answers. From their own FAQ page, it states that the site's owner Dave Van Zandt:

"obtained a Communications Degree before pursuing a higher degree in the sciences. Dave currently works full time in the health care industry. Dave has spent more than 20 years as an arm chair researcher on media bias and its role in political influence."

So while they're a helpful source, they're not the end all be all.
why not? what is?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I don't believe there is a single source that determines what is and isn't bias because people are inherently flawed and biased towards the paradigm with which they view the world. MBFC does a great job. I like this site. But who's to say the researchers behind it don't have their own biases? I can't say for certain one way or the other. So instead I view this site as a directional tool in the tool box, rather than answer.