Nothing has chased more Christians away than the evangelicals

Oct 2017
Minnesota
Personally I don't want to have anything to do with this twisted group. Their Idea of Christianity isn't mine and its rejected more and more by the rest of us everyday. Correlating the idea that you can elect the devil as your leader and still call yourself a Christian , simply is beyond rational thinking. I've heard their responses to this and if it wasn't so important I would simply laugh at their justification to elect and support this evil, cruel , mean, hateful, lying, mental case. No one is less of a Christian then this truly controlling evil person. God will always come way down the list for this guy.

Nov 2005
California
How the religious right is shrinking itself: Overzealous Christianity is driving people away

In a paper published late last month in Political Research Quarterly, researchers were able to narrow down the question of the backlash effect. They performed a state-by-state comparison between states that had a strong religious right organizing presence, specifically around the issue of same-sex marriage, and those that did not. What they found was that the more the religious right organized to stop same-sex marriage, the more people in that area started identifying as what social scientists call "nones," that is, people who have no religious identity at all.

"Rising none rates are more common in Republican states" in the years between 2000-2010, researchers write. "Moreover, when the Christian Right comes into more public conflict, such as over same-sex marriage bans, the rate of religious nones climbs."

Paul Djupe, the lead author and an associate professor at Denison University, told Salon that this period was “so perfect," because “we have the Karl Rove-driven pattern of enacting same-sex marriage bans to help the Republican Party in 2004 and 2006. So here’s a really salient, very controversial event."

What the narrow focus allowed the authors to show was that in states where the Christian right was especially active in trying to ban same-sex marriage, the number of people in the state who stopped identifying as Christians rose more rapidly than in other states. The rise in these red states was so rapid, Djupe said, that "the rate of the nones on average starts to look like what it does in blue states across this [same] time period."

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it."

Shhhhhh, the evangelicals think that applies to everyone but them.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Personally I don't want to have anything to do with this twisted group. Their Idea of Christianity isn't mine and its rejected more and more by the rest of us everyday. Correlating the idea that you can elect the devil as your leader and still call yourself a Christian , simply is beyond rational thinking. I've heard their responses to this and if it wasn't so important I would simply laugh at their justification to elect and support this evil, cruel , mean, hateful, lying, mental case. No one is less of a Christian then this truly controlling evil person. God will always come way down the list for this guy.
I'm sure his preacher lady disagrees with you.

Oct 2017
Minnesota
How the religious right is shrinking itself: Overzealous Christianity is driving people away
In a paper published late last month in Political Research Quarterly, researchers were able to narrow down the question of the backlash effect. They performed a state-by-state comparison between states that had a strong religious right organizing presence, specifically around the issue of same-sex marriage, and those that did not. What they found was that the more the religious right organized to stop same-sex marriage, the more people in that area started identifying as what social scientists call "nones," that is, people who have no religious identity at all.​
"Rising none rates are more common in Republican states" in the years between 2000-2010, researchers write. "Moreover, when the Christian Right comes into more public conflict, such as over same-sex marriage bans, the rate of religious nones climbs."​
Paul Djupe, the lead author and an associate professor at Denison University, told Salon that this period was “so perfect," because “we have the Karl Rove-driven pattern of enacting same-sex marriage bans to help the Republican Party in 2004 and 2006. So here’s a really salient, very controversial event."​
What the narrow focus allowed the authors to show was that in states where the Christian right was especially active in trying to ban same-sex marriage, the number of people in the state who stopped identifying as Christians rose more rapidly than in other states. The rise in these red states was so rapid, Djupe said, that "the rate of the nones on average starts to look like what it does in blue states across this [same] time period."
Not surprised at all, They have turned me sourer , I hate almost everything they sell and stand for.along with the party that they grovel at the feet of.

Sep 2019
Texas
Love it “The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” - Orwell, 1984. The hate group they call a party slid that ditty in up front , they had to.
Groups, by definition, are against the Individual- that includes religious as well as political, no matter what they lie about- they (groups) will change over time, gain support, lose support, morph from one thing to the next and ostracize those who don't conform- but, in the end, and through out History, the Individual will remain-
Christians (protestant and Catholic) have been exercising hypocrisy sine their inception- as have Jews, and Muslims- what's the common thread?

Oct 2017
Minnesota
Groups, by definition, are against the Individual- that includes religious as well as political, no matter what they lie about- they (groups) will change over time, gain support, lose support, morph from one thing to the next and ostracize those who don't conform- but, in the end, and through out History, the Individual will remain-
Christians (protestant and Catholic) have been exercising hypocrisy sine their inception- as have Jews, and Muslims- what's the common thread?
I don't believe it is religion, but I know it can be twisted religion, but no I don't believe that religion by itself is hypocritical. The human factor of all religions is the problem but again not the religion.

Reactions: Inquisitor
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I don't believe it is religion, but I know it can be twisted religion, but no I don't believe that religion by itself is hypocritical. The human factor of all religions is the problem but again not the religion.

Religion is a human invention. How can it NOT be twisted and flawed ?

Reactions: tecoyah and Gdjjr