Notre Dame in flames!

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I am a little bit into numbers and the relation they play with karma and such.

8 and 6 seem like a bad choice for funding amounts.
It seems the French govt gave around $60m and donations from around the world (mostly the US) were another $30+m and the renovation would cost oer $100m. That's what was estimated before the fire. BTW those number seem to be adjustable as I've heard two or three different sets. Now the newseys are tossing around over a billion to conpletely rebuild it. The cathedral is owned by the French govt and operated by the Catholic church.

Dec 2016
Canada
More like...fire fighters show up after fire burns cathedral and pour water on the ashes.

I just hope they got alot of the artifacts out. They reported they were removing stuff during the fire.
So, I've been hearing on the news (I'm surprised that the news channels including CNN are talking about this instead of the usual political horserace panel) are saying that experts believe that everything inside may be lost as well. As of now, the livefeed I'm watching from our CBCNews shows the fire still burning out of control!

Dec 2016
Canada
So they reported that it happened a couple minutes after the place closed. I am wondering if that it was closed to workers too?

I am getting a strong feeling or glimpse that the poster claiming a worker accidentally had a fire break out is true and they were trying to put it out.
Yes, they said earlier that there were no workers inside as the Cathedral was being used today for church services* and there were already people gathered inside who had to evacuate.
*and no work was to be done this week because this was "Holy Week" with all sorts of Easter stuff going on. But, maybe someone working there when work ended left something unsecured that could have ended up starting a fire. We won't know until after the fire ends and an investigation is carried out.
*it's being said now by French authorities that the fire began at 6:50 p.m. GMT in an attic in the roof where renovations had been ongoing.

Last edited:
Jun 2018
South Dakota
One of the worse things I've heard is Shep Smith try to ompare the cathedral burning to the 9-11 attack. What an ass! He also tried to squash any hint that there are Muslims involved too when a British reporter tried to report that there was a wave of Catholic chrch desecrations.

Dec 2016
Canada
It seems the French govt gave around $60m and donations from around the world (mostly the US) were another $30+m and the renovation would cost oer $100m. That's what was estimated before the fire. BTW those number seem to be adjustable as I've heard two or three different sets. Now the newseys are tossing around over a billion to conpletely rebuild it. The cathedral is owned by the French govt and operated by the Catholic church.
Nice of you to stop by, cause it's a straight line connection between underfunding infrastructure needs of all types and the pattern of capitalist governance which doesn't fix anything until it's broken.

Mar 2019
Texas
If i were potus i would donate a billion to rebuild the church. He could send over all the asylum people to do the work for them.

Oh i forgot he does not have that kind of money cause he is in debt.

Dec 2016
Canada
One of the worse things I've heard is Shep Smith try to ompare the cathedral burning to the 9-11 attack. What an ass! He also tried to squash any hint that there are Muslims involved too when a British reporter tried to report that there was a wave of Catholic chrch desecrations.
First thing you and Drudge and Breitbart and every other anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist will have to show us then is evidence that Muslims were working in the attic where the fire started today!