Notre Dame in flames!

May 2018
USA
Not a fan of ancient cathedrals burning, but I am a huge fan that the evangelical hypocrites and catholic hypocrites are, essentially, burning religion to the ground in the West. 20 more years and maybe, with any luck, we won't have any churches, synogogues, or mosques in the Western world...except, possibly, as testaments to the "bad old days" when religion ruined the world.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Could be, there's a string of Church desecrations in France ongoing. Is this the culmination?
...or Holy Week means a lot more candles are lit in an ancient wooden building. Shit happens. Keep repeating such actions over 600+ years and something bad is bound to happen. It's not always a conspiracy, it's just life.

Dec 2016
Canada
Not a fan of ancient cathedrals burning, but I am a huge fan that the evangelical hypocrites and catholic hypocrites are, essentially, burning religion to the ground in the West. 20 more years and maybe, with any luck, we won't have any churches, synogogues, or mosques in the Western world...except, possibly, as testaments to the "bad old days" when religion ruined the world.
While rummaging around for followup information, I discovered that one of the worst cathedral and church attacks in France was a series of burning and vandalism attacks by two teenage self-proclaimed atheists, who were into black metal and satanic symbolism. So, I don't see a better world under secular atheism or anarchistic mysticism if all other social conditions remain the same!

May 2018
USA
While rummaging around for followup information, I discovered that one of the worst cathedral and church attacks in France was a series of burning and vandalism attacks by two teenage self-proclaimed atheists, who were into black metal and satanic symbolism. So, I don't see a better world under secular atheism or anarchistic mysticism if all other social conditions remain the same!
"Atheists" aren't satanists. Problem is to believe in Satan you have to believe in God, and vice versa. Satanists who CLAIM to be atheist are, ipso facto, not atheists. On the other hand most "Satanists" are people kneejerking towards the open bigotry by the "religious" people. I don't think many, if any of them, actually "worship" Satan. They simply see him as a symbol of freedom, of ever questioning authority.