NY Times: The Real Reason the U.S. Has Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
The Real Reason the U.S. Has Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance

Basically this idea of employers providing their employees with health insurance originated because of a government-imposed wage freeze, essentially government intervention into the economy. It's something employers offered employees as a way around the freeze.

We would not have the problems we have today with health insurance, astronomically huge expenses for health coverage, and government intervention with all the patchwork of laws to preserve the health insurance industry. This is why the state should serve as nothing more than a referee and be kept out of the economy where it can interfere with it and screw it up in the long run.

The premise behind the government freeze was that inflation would "spiral out of control" (because of the circumstances at the time). Keep in mind that inflation can occur because we have a private central bank that can create money out of nothing whenever it issues loans and money is deposited into account (which originated from those very same kind of loans).

Lessons we can learn from this:

1. Government intervention into the economy is a bad idea.

2. Having a private central bank is a bad idea.
wed have medicare for all most likely, the state should do for people what they cant do for themselves

Dec 2015
Arizona
And how many years did Clara and hubby pay into the system ?? I've been paying in since I was just 13 years old. In a few years it'll be my turn to be on the receiving end of the equation.
My first job was at 16 yrs old. Mr. Clara worked every summer through high school....so YES---we have paid in for a long long time. There's no reason why everyone can't do the same. Raise the percentage and create Medicare for all. Problem solved.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
My first job was at 16 yrs old. Mr. Clara worked every summer through high school....so YES---we have paid in for a long long time. There's no reason why everyone can't do the same. Raise the percentage and create Medicare for all. Problem solved.
So because you guys got screwed over we should continue to get screwed over abd more importantly my kids should get screwed over?

Make it all optional and allow open compitition.

If the state can do it best then it will succeed