Oakland passes landmark marijuana tax

CNN

Aug 2006
Atlanta, GA
Oakland's bid to become the first U.S. city to tax proceeds on medical marijuana passed Tuesday by a landslide vote.

More...

pensacola niceman

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
tristanrobin said:
if we taxed all illegal drugs, we could probably make up a huge hole in the deficit
That would be impossible. The deficit will always exist as long as we borrow from the federal reserve banks and pay back with interest.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2013
LA
A favor is payable! :lol: Some legislators, on the federal and the state level, are considering seriously taxing legal marijuana. Just a decade ago the idea would have seemed like fantasy.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 2006
California
"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." ~Ronald Reagan

Since you bring dumbo into the picture..........

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?" --- Ronald Reagan

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself." --- Ronald Reagan

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency -- even if I'm in a Cabinet meeting." --- Ronald Reagan

"I have only one thing to say to the tax increasers: Go ahead, make my day." -threatening to veto tax-increase legislation after getting his record tax cut to date in 1981. He ultimately followed with two tax increases, though declined to go any further. --- Ronald Reagan

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --- Ronald Reagan

"We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we're going to succeed." --- Ronald Reagan

"I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon." --- Ronald Reagan

"What does an actor know about politics?" -criticizing Ed Asner for opposing American foreign policy --- Ronald Reagan

"What makes him think a middle-aged actor, who's played with a chimp, could have a future in politics?" -on Clint Eastwood's bid to become mayor of Carmel --- Ronald Reagan

"Facts are stupid things." -at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things" --- Ronald Reagan

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN

Since you bring dumbo into the picture..........

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?" --- Ronald Reagan

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself." --- Ronald Reagan

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency -- even if I'm in a Cabinet meeting." --- Ronald Reagan

"I have only one thing to say to the tax increasers: Go ahead, make my day." -threatening to veto tax-increase legislation after getting his record tax cut to date in 1981. He ultimately followed with two tax increases, though declined to go any further. --- Ronald Reagan

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --- Ronald Reagan

"We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we're going to succeed." --- Ronald Reagan

"I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon." --- Ronald Reagan

"What does an actor know about politics?" -criticizing Ed Asner for opposing American foreign policy --- Ronald Reagan

"What makes him think a middle-aged actor, who's played with a chimp, could have a future in politics?" -on Clint Eastwood's bid to become mayor of Carmel --- Ronald Reagan

"Facts are stupid things." -at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things" --- Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan was a wise POTUS..

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Lets see

Reaganomics CREATES 20,000,000 net new jobs

Obamanomics.. 9,000,000 fewer people in the work force a

TRICKLEDOWN WINS BY 29,000,000 in the Job Creation Category.

Reaganomics Median Incomes INCREASE ~5000 dollars

Obamanomics.. Median Incomes DECLINE 4300 DOLLARS.

TRICKLEDOWN WINS IN INCOME PRODUCTION by 9300 DOLLARS

Reaganomics Deficts = 280 Billion

Obamomics deficts = 1200 billion

Triclke down wings by 1000 billion

YOU LOOK KINDA FOOLIGH THERE IMMATURE CHILD.