Ocasio-Cortez calls climate change ‘our World War II,’ warns the world will end in 12 years

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
I have not ruled out anything. I used the publicly available information. And that publicly available information does not rise to the level of an actionable threat.
As I wrote 10 short minutes ago: Never underestimate the RW's hatred of "commie" minorities. Goodness, you're such a tricky and petty quibbler.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
She has all that energy, and she's brilliant, she's a master of social media, she gets how elections work, and her policy proposals are right on the money.
She won an election with a 20% turnout in her district, which paled to the national turnout of 50%.

She's the second most talked about congressperson, after the Speaker of the House.
This is because of the ignorant, uneducated, and commie things that come out of her mouth.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
As I wrote 10 short minutes ago: Never underestimate the RW's hatred of "commie" minorities. Goodness, you're such a tricky and petty quibbler.
What does that have to do with the statement by Cortez that is not actionable?

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
According to Cortez's description of the calls, they are just bigoted with no threats, which is not actionable.
  1. U.S. Code
  2. Title 47. TELECOMMUNICATIONS
  3. Chapter 5. WIRE OR RADIO COMMUNICATION
  4. Subchapter II. COMMON CARRIERS
  5. Part I. Common Carrier Regulation
  6. Section 223. Obscene or harassing telephone calls in the District of Columbia or in interstate or foreign communications
Whoever: makes repeated telephone calls or repeatedly initiates communication with a telecommunications device, during which conversation or communication ensues, solely to harass any specific person; ....

A number of states have telephone harassment laws similar to the one above.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
  1. U.S. Code

2. Title 47. TELECOMMUNICATIONS

3. Chapter 5. WIRE OR RADIO COMMUNICATION

4. Subchapter II. COMMON CARRIERS
  5. Part I. Common Carrier Regulation
  6. Section 223. Obscene or harassing telephone calls in the District of Columbia or in interstate or foreign communications
Whoever: makes repeated telephone calls or repeatedly initiates communication with a telecommunications device, during which conversation or communication ensues, solely to harass any specific person; ....

A number of states have telephone harassment laws similar to the one above.
Cortez did not mention anything about repeated calls from the same person.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
And you just assumed that a newspaper quote would contain all the evidence that had been gathered so far.....
I did not assume anything. I used the evidence that was posted.