Official thread: How is the impeachment trial going?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Nunes just keeps whining about "the whistleblower" it's not fair...."the whistleblower" it's not fair.

AND who was it that said "Women are so emotional"?
When Col Vindiman was asked who the two people he talked to about his concern he named one but not the other. Shifty immediately jumped on it talking over everyone, howling that he wouldn't allow the outing of the whistleblower. You're barking up the wrong tree. It's Shifty who has brought up the whistle blower. After that exchange it became obvious that Vindman is the conduit of information that cued the whistleblower to make his move. Not allowing the question will come around and bite ol Shifty on his ass in the public opinion arena. Remember that the entire case has boiled down to what the Dems can get the public to believe.
The case is being peeled like an onion and the Dems are losing. It was just mentioned that the word demand was used by both the whistleblower and Col Vindman. I see that as either collusion between them or an unintended error by the Dems when they coached them to describe the call as being a "demand".

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Volker MAY have been a GOP witness, but he denounced the conduct by Guiliani and this: "In hindsight, I now understand that others saw the idea of investigating possible corruption involving the Ukrainian company Burisma as equivalent to investigating former Vice President Biden," Volker said, referring to the energy company that had employed Hunter Biden. "I saw them as very different -- the former being appropriate and unremarkable, the latter being unacceptable. In retrospect, I should have seen that connection differently, and had I done so, I would have raised my own objections."
Republicans thought they could chip away at the witnesses---they didn't.

Sondland testifies tomorrow.
You and your posse keep getting in bed with the supermarket tabloids. The issue is what the President meant in his call. So far no one has said that he "demanded" anything. In fact the no answer has dominated when asked if there was any indication from anyone that the Prez demanded anything. Yet here the Dems are in their clown car insisting serially that he did.

Jul 2019
Georgia
When Col Vindiman was asked who the two people he talked to about his concern he named one but not the other. Shifty immediately jumped on it talking over everyone, howling that he wouldn't allow the outing of the whistleblower. You're barking up the wrong tree. It's Shifty who has brought up the whistle blower. After that exchange it became obvious that Vindman is the conduit of information that cued the whistleblower to make his move. Not allowing the question will come around and bite ol Shifty on his ass in the public opinion arena. Remember that the entire case has boiled down to what the Dems can get the public to believe.
The case is being peeled like an onion and the Dems are losing. It was just mentioned that the word demand was used by both the whistleblower and Col Vindman. I see that as either collusion between them or an unintended error by the Dems when they coached them to describe the call as being a "demand".
where is the word "demand" in the WB's complaint?

Jul 2019
Georgia
You and your posse keep getting in bed with the supermarket tabloids. The issue is what the President meant in his call. So far no one has said that he "demanded" anything. In fact the no answer has dominated when asked if there was any indication from anyone that the Prez demanded anything. Yet here the Dems are in their clown car insisting serially that he did.
so the buzzword de jour is no longer "quid pro quo"

it's "demand"

hoboy

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Sondland testimony is going to be wild. Hopefully he paid attention to the Roger Stone verdict, and takes his ginkgo biloba (for his memory)
So far Sondland has forwarded two very different versions of his truth. I wonder what will issue forth this time.

Is this a best of three situation?

Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Nov 2005
California
so the buzzword de jour is no longer "quid pro quo"
it's "demand"
hoboy
Oh yeah. It's a repetitive tactic with Trump and people carrying his water when people keep digging for the truth.
What I find fascinating is how the Repubs keep changing their talking points in tandem.
Almost like somebody was helping to shift the propaganda ...

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
So far Sondland has forwarded two very different versions of his truth. I wonder what will issue forth this time.

Is this a best of three situation?
I think he lied his ass off the first time, and the "I now do recall" amendment was more like the truth

so hopefully the second

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
wow

first chance I've had to sit down and watch a part of a hearing in the comfort of my home with a beer in hand

I think I'm about 30 minutes behind, but watching Volker/Morrison

good god Gym is unberable. He just melts his ass off the whole time.

Conaway whined about the whistleblower for his whole time instead of asking questions.

I don't see how any intelligent person can watch this and think the Republicans are in the right in any way, shape or form
Look at the posts from DTT's right wing. They're 100 percent empty. Truly, it's to the point where every Republican with a shred of honor and integrity has got to admit Trump did wrong.

There's bound to be a couple of them ...... somewhere.

Jul 2019
Georgia
the tarantula-eyed interrupting lady was the most composed of any of the republicans, and that ain't saying much

Jul 2019
Georgia
I mean I thought Gym was a raging d-bag, but that was just based on things I read about him

hearing and watching him talk today - - - didn't think it could get worse, but it did, way worse

manic, high pictched, whiny faux-assertive rambling, and you can't look away from the bottom teeth, or stop thinking about how he doesn't have any lips