Official thread: How is the impeachment trial going?

Jul 2015
chicago
What I think is, you won't understand, that doing the right thing is necessary even if it doesn't work to your advantage or even goes against it. Trump needs to be impeached for his crimes. That's all that's required but that much is still - required.
Its not required. As you said it is a political process. If it was a law court none of this would be happening at all. So what I say is that when this goes to the Senate if it does, then I will be enjoying the hilarity in this forum, when it is all rendered as another Trump victory. It will be a triumph in the Senate that will give him a second term and you another helping of crow.

Jun 2019
ROT
Its not required. As you said it is a political process. If it was a law court none of this would be happening at all. So what I say is that when this goes to the Senate if it does, then I will be enjoying the hilarity in this forum, when it is all rendered as another Trump victory. It will be a triumph in the Senate that will give him a second term and you another helping of crow.
Being impeached is never a victory, no matter what the Senate does.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I’m sure your basing your “law court” comment on your extensive career as a lawyer and judge.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I seem to remember you saying something very iron clad like this for countless other "iron clad" fake Trump controversies, only to be rendered incorrect. Keep going though. It makes it fun later.
if Trump is cleared by the Senate it wont change the fact that he violated the law.

Jul 2015
chicago
Being impeached is never a victory, no matter what the Senate does.
Sure it can be a victory. Just like this inquiry crap that has gone on. that has been a victory for Trump so far. His detractors have been made to look extremely silly and biased and over stepping.

Jul 2015
chicago
I’m sure your basing your “law court” comment on your extensive career as a lawyer and judge.
No I am basing it on your extensive career of being wrong about every single one of your, Trump is going to be removed from office this month, posts over the course of the past 3 years.

Jun 2019
ROT
Sure it can be a victory. Just like this inquiry crap that has gone on. that has been a victory for Trump so far. His detractors have been made to look extremely silly and biased and over stepping.
His people are in jail. He being impeached will be almost too much for him to take. It was for Nixon, who resigned after that but before the Senate ruled.

Jun 2019
ROT
No when he is cleared in the senate he will have been proven to not have violated the law.
It doesn't work that way. If the House votes to impeach, he's impeached, Clinton was. Then it's on the Senate to hold a trial and remove him or not. It's a political court, not a court of law...