Official thread: How is the impeachment trial going?

Feb 2007
USA
Contesting the illegal challenges to his executive authority and his legal ability to refuse subpeonas etc. ...
...and those alleged "illegal challenges to his executive authority," in great detail, are...?

...and the reason those supposed "challenges to his executive authority" are allegedly illegal, in great detail, is...?

...and, most importantly, Trump's alleged "legal ability to refuse subpoenas" regarding an impeachment-related House investigation is allegedly derived from, in great detail, is...?

:rolleyes:

Dec 2012
California
She didn't "attack" Trump's kid. Her comment was something to the effect of "While Trump can name his child Barron he can't actually make him one"

If you see that as an "attack" then your skin is as thin as Trump's...and trust me, I'm pretty sure I can see his liver when he stands in front of a bright light.
Maybe your confusing me with the supposed Constitutional expert. It was she who was lashing out with that regretful statement. It was her thin-skin that was on display.

Feb 2007
USA
Giuliani Kidnapped by Ukrainian Circus

By Andy Borowitz

10:30 A.M.

KYIV (The Borowitz Report)—While on a mission to Ukraine to acquire information about the business dealings of Hunter Biden, Rudy Giuliani was kidnapped by a travelling Ukrainian circus, Giuliani confirmed on Tuesday.

“It was the strangest thing,” he told reporters. “I was on a street corner talking to some people about the Bidens, and these guys came up to me and said, ‘Come with us.’ I thought they were taking me to a cable-news studio.”

Where they were taking him, it turned out, was the Krychevsky Wonder Show, a popular family-owned circus that has been travelling around Ukraine since 1873.

“We saw this guy acting entirely bizarre, and we decided we had to have him in our circus,” Oleh Krychevsky, its current proprietor, said. “It’s hard to find a sideshow attraction with that much potential.”

For two days, Giuliani filled a giant tent at Krychevsky’s, regaling audiences with tales of CrowdStrike, Burisma, and a person named Alexandra Chalupa. But soon his relationship with the circus soured.

“Even after the crowds went home, and we were all ready for bed, he wouldn’t stop talking,” Krychevsky, who ultimately fired Giuliani from the circus, said. “He is exhausting.”

Only after Giuliani’s tenure with the circus was over did Krychevsky learn the man’s true identity. “I was told he was the former mayor of New York,” he said. “I still find that impossible to believe.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/giuliani-kidnapped-by-ukrainian-circus
:lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Jun 2018
South Dakota
Articles.

1. Abuse of power
2. Obstruction of justice
donald j trump is going to be impeached
That's the forgone conclusion of the century. Followed closely by his acquittal in the Senate. OBTW what was the vote? Was there a vote?

I vhope they allow AOC and her squad to be managers, we need a comedy act to go with the clown act we just saw.
Contesting the illegal challenges to his executive authority and his legal ability to refuse subpeonas etc. All the crap raised by the libs has required him to get clear rulings on their nefarious activities. The Dems keep this up and eventually they will have no wiggle room and future "needs" to make demands will be left without a leg to stand on. The practice of judge shopping is being destroyed by Trumps appointments to the court system. He's on the verge of flipping the 9th circuit that has been so famously overturned in the recent past. When we start getting the right verdicts from the lower courts the Supremes will be able to again address contests that have more meaning.
And presto chango here it is!

Nov 2012
Colorado
I, too, find it icky that Gym refuses to wear a jacket.

(perhaps one day he was walking through the OSU Wrestling locker room by the showers and heard the doctor say "Jack it off!" and mistook it for fashion advice)
Ugh!

Dec 2018
Indiana
Articles.

1. Abuse of power
2. Obstruction of justice

donald j trump is going to be impeached
He certainly should be impeached.

If Trump gets away scot-free with attempting to bribe and solicit interference from the Ukrainians in the 2020 U.S. election, what's to stop any future candidate in the U.S., from any party, from seeking unregulated assistance, of any kind, from Germany, Israel, China, Cuba, Vietnam, Russia, etc.? The possibilities for dirty tactics, bribery and foreign meddling in American elections would be endless thanks to Ol' Donny boy's precedent setting quid pro quo !

Last edited:
Jun 2018
South Dakota
He certainly should be impeached.

If Trump gets away scot-free with attempting to bribe and solicit interference from the Ukrainians in the 2020 U.S. election, what's to stop any future candidate in the U.S., from any party, from seeking unregulated assistance, of any kind, from Germany, Israel, China, Cuba, Vietnam, Russia, etc.? The possibilities for dirty tactics, bribery and foreign meddling in American elections would be endless thanks to Ol' Donny boy's precedent setting quid pro quo !
That ship sailed when the Democrats lowered the bar for impeachable activity to the equivalent of a jaywalking ticket. All this sham impeachment is gonna get them is the ability to use the term "impeached President Trump" when referring to him. The bill for having that one little thing that ill backfire on them as well is going to be giving the opposition the ability to call anything they don't like as impeachable. I expect to see the "Impeached President Trump" reference used far and wide in the liberal talk tracks as well as their complicit minions in the media. It won't resonate with anyone but it'll be the only thing they'll have after Trumps acquittal. What they will have as an unintended (perhaps, maybe not) effect of having created a world where impeachment proceedings begin on inauguration day and don't stop until the Prez term is over.

Last edited:
Jun 2018
South Dakota
...and those alleged "illegal challenges to his executive authority," in great detail, are...?

...and the reason those supposed "challenges to his executive authority" are allegedly illegal, in great detail, is...?

...and, most importantly, Trump's alleged "legal ability to refuse subpoenas" regarding an impeachment-related House investigation is allegedly derived from, in great detail, is...?

The courts will figure it all out for ya.

Feb 2007
USA
That ship sailed when the Democrats lowered the bar for impeachable activity to the equivalent of a jaywalking ticket.
The above is just goofiness, and nothing less.

Indeed, obstruction of congress is actually a federal crime, of which someone convicted of that crime could possibly be fined, serve time, or even both.

(So, how many people have actually served time for jaywalking?)

And of course, based upon actual precedent, abuse of power is most certainly an impeachable offense, as per what occurred to Judge James Peck in 1830. But, this said, comparing the potential removal from office with having to pay a fine as a result of a criminal misdemeanor is like comparing apples to oranges.