Official thread: How is the impeachment trial going?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Lucy McBath is from a trump district, and one of the dems that were on the fence in the beginning

not anymore. this is a pretty good statement if you have a few minutes
She was, no doubt, brought to the woodshed and "convinced" to be more compliant with her owners. I wonder what they're offering to keep those whose districts are gonna go red?

Jul 2019
Georgia
The analogy is poor and it fails where the light changed. It didn't in the real world occurrence you're trying draw as a parallel.
I was responding to the person who compared what trump did to jaywalking. it might have been you, can't remember, but yes the analogy was very poor.

Jul 2019
Georgia
She was, no doubt, brought to the woodshed and "convinced" to be more compliant with her owners. I wonder what they're offering to keep those whose districts are gonna go red?
uh no. You clearly didn't watch the video. She explained her choice very thoroughly. She's choosing her country over politics, which I wish more reps would do.

Feb 2018
Oregon
One point we need to get clear on. The Republicans are arguing that there was no bribe, no quid pro quo, because Zelensky said repeatedly that he didn't feel pressured.

Nice, but that completely, entirely irrelevant. For there to be a bribe, for there to be a quid pro quo, all that is necessary is the demand with an offer.... an offer of money in return for a specified act. Trump is guilty. That has been proven.

Reactions: Clara007
Feb 2018
Oregon
Another point to blow away: The Republicans assert that Trump was very concerned about Ukrainian corruption and his request for an investigation sprang from that concern.

Really? Then why didn't Trump push for actions against the administration prior to Zelensky since it was SOOOOO corrupt?

Reactions: Clara007

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
A reporter I follow claimed a Republican Senator that didnt' want to be named said that if they in fact held a secret ballot, Trump would be impeached, undoubtedly.

Dec 2012
California
A reporter I follow claimed a Republican Senator that didnt' want to be named said that if they in fact held a secret ballot, Trump would be impeached, undoubtedly.
Is that akin to the mysterious, maybe nonexistent whistleblower?