Official thread: How is the impeachment trial going?

Dec 2012
California
Another point to blow away: The Republicans assert that Trump was very concerned about Ukrainian corruption and his request for an investigation sprang from that concern.

Really? Then why didn't Trump push for actions against the administration prior to Zelensky since it was SOOOOO corrupt?
Why didn't Obimbo? Oh wait, there was a Biden connection.

Dec 2012
California
Now, Nadler tells us, they must impeach before the election because the electorate can't be trusted and only they know what's best for us. I wonder, who the hell voted for that clown?

Dec 2012
California
One point we need to get clear on. The Republicans are arguing that there was no bribe, no quid pro quo, because Zelensky said repeatedly that he didn't feel pressured.

Nice, but that completely, entirely irrelevant. For there to be a bribe, for there to be a quid pro quo, all that is necessary is the demand with an offer.... an offer of money in return for a specified act. Trump is guilty. That has been proven.
Wishing that were true doesn't make it so. In fact, there is no mention of a quid pro quo, or bribery in the complaint. Why you ask! Because none could be proven and, Democrats would be held to the same standard they're were trying to set. Yup, quid pro quo and bribery went quietly into the night.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Why didn't Obimbo? Oh wait, there was a Biden connection.
So you can't answer my question? You can't show that Trump is more "anti-corruption" than Obama was? Then you prove his "concern" about Zelensky undertaking an investigation is what Democrats have said it is.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Wishing that were true doesn't make it so. In fact, there is no mention of a quid pro quo, or bribery in the complaint. Why you ask! Because none could be proven and, Democrats would be held to the same standard they're were trying to set. Yup, quid pro quo and bribery went quietly into the night.
No, it happened. It was dropped as a term due to Republican whining. The law says it is an abuse of power for a president to require anything of personal value from another country in exchange for policy. Various terms have been used to identify such a crime. And that is what Trump did. The terms "bribery, extortion, and quid pro quo" are all applicable.

Reactions: se7en
Dec 2015
Arizona
A reporter I follow claimed a Republican Senator that didnt' want to be named said that if they in fact held a secret ballot, Trump would be impeached, undoubtedly.
I have also read that, but of course McMitch won't allow that.
AND there's this.
Conservative organization Republicans for the Rule of Law released a new digital billboard campaign Wednesday blasting President Trump and several GOP lawmakers and officials over the ongoing impeachment inquiry.
The ads show an image of President Trump behind Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, former National Security adviser John Bolton, acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney and President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani with tape over all of their mouths, according to copies of the billboards shared with The Hill.

“What Is Trump Hiding?” the ads ask. They will be placed in the congressional districts of House Republicans, including Reps. Greg Walden (Ore.), Mac Thornberry (Texas), Fred Upton (Mich.) Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.), Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) John Katko (N.Y.), Martha Roby(Ala.), Cathy McMorris Rodgers (Wash.), Michael McCaul (Texas), Mo Brooks (Ala.) and Paul Mitchell (Mich.) and Francis Rooney (Fla.) according to copies of the advertisements.

Reactions: baloney_detector
Jul 2019
Georgia
A reporter I follow claimed a Republican Senator that didnt' want to be named said that if they in fact held a secret ballot, Trump would be impeached, undoubtedly.
that Republican Senator is a pansy. Maybe he'll grow a conscience and some balls and speak out publicly for the sake of our Country, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2019
Georgia
Now, Nadler tells us, they must impeach before the election because the electorate can't be trusted and only they know what's best for us. I wonder, who the hell voted for that clown?
I'm not crazy about Nadler, but can you link what he actually said?

thanks.