Oh ya, about Joe Biden being bribed ...

Jul 2019
Georgia
tbh I don't recall many people being excited about Biden before trump got busted trying to extort a foreign ally for dirt on him

Reactions: foundit66
Nov 2005
California
My comment is not about Biden's national standing; it's about his standing with Democrats, and how's that standing looking today?
As I documented more explicitly in the post preceding the one you replied to, his standing with Democrats has not slipped.
Your problem is that you don't seem to realize that his standing with Democrats was not as strong as some people thought it was in the first place...

tbh I don't recall many people being excited about Biden before trump got busted trying to extort a foreign ally for dirt on him
EXACTLY.
It's kind of like Romney in 2012. He didn't excite people, but he was the Repubs choice (based on primaries).

And to help drive this home for NatMorton further...
The reason that Repubs and Trump were so eager to throw out dirt onto Biden in the first place was because of his polling strength regarding Trump v Biden. That's the whole reason I pointed out it has not really slipped in post #107.

But for those who want to fixate on whether or not Biden's standing "with Democrats" was still strong, they didn't really have any good sense of what it was in the first place...

Reactions: se7en
Dec 2018
New England
As I documented more explicitly in the post preceding the one you replied to, his standing with Democrats has not slipped.
Your problem is that you don't seem to realize that his standing with Democrats was not as strong as some people thought it was in the first place...

EXACTLY.
It's kind of like Romney in 2012. He didn't excite people, but he was the Repubs choice (based on primaries).

And to help drive this home for NatMorton further...
The reason that Repubs and Trump were so eager to throw out dirt onto Biden in the first place was because of his polling strength regarding Trump v Biden. That's the whole reason I pointed out it has not really slipped in post #107.

But for those who want to fixate on whether or not Biden's standing "with Democrats" was still strong, they didn't really have any good sense of what it was in the first place...
Let us see where Biden, with his high national poll numbers, is in a few weeks. He may recover, but in the race to the first hurtle -- the nomination -- he is no longer in the lead.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Let us see where Biden, with his high national poll numbers, is in a few weeks. He may recover, but in the race to the first hurtle -- the nomination -- he is no longer in the lead.
same thing happened to HRC in 08 against Barry

it happens

Nov 2005
California
:rolleyes:
Saying "he is no longer in the lead" is the first true thing you've said on this thread today.
But the reason for that is not what you claim. Looking at his polling numbers, he took a dive starting at the start of February. Obviously nothing to do with Trump's attacks MONTHS ago...

same thing happened to HRC in 08 against Barry
it happens
Didn't you know?
Trump made that happen too!
#sarcasm

Reactions: se7en
Dec 2018
New England
:rolleyes:
Saying "he is no longer in the lead" is the first true thing you've said on this thread today.
But the reason for that is not what you claim. Looking at his polling numbers, he took a dive starting at the start of February. Obviously nothing to do with Trump's attacks MONTHS ago...

Didn't you know?
Trump made that happen too!
#sarcasm
You really do love to go off on tangents, foundit.

Back to the point: I think the constant media coverage that mentioning Biden-Ukraine-Hunter-Burisma hurt Biden -- may be not nationally, but with the Democratic voters in Iowa and NH. If you'd like an explanation of why they might have thought this, you can read it here: An emerging weakness for Biden

There is no getting around the fact that Biden underperformed dramatically, first in Iowa and then NH.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Don't be obtuse, Clara. If you have kids, you know something given to a child is easily perceived as benefit to the parent.
Like when Vice President Bush's son was given 10% ownership in a major league baseball franchise, to be general manager?
When he had zero experience in managing a professional sports team.
Like when Vice President Bush's son was set up in business by the Saudis, (Specifically the Bin Laden Group)
Are you saying that was bribery?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
And everyone sort of chooses to forget Ivanka's business ventures in China and Jared's business ventures in the ME.

Nov 2005
California
You really do love to go off on tangents, foundit.
You are seriously living in a cracked glass house trying to throw that hand grenade... :rolleyes:

But I get that you are trying to avoid acknowledging ACTUALLY TOPICAL COMMENTS with a quick and dismissive pretense as you ignore them completely.

Back to the point: I think the constant media coverage that mentioning Biden-Ukraine-Hunter-Burisma hurt Biden -- may be not nationally, but with the Democratic voters in Iowa and NH. If you'd like an explanation of why they might have thought this, you can read it here: An emerging weakness for Biden
Again, you're dodging the point.
Everybody gets that you have thoughts.
The problem for you is checking reality AND LOOKING AT THE FACTS repudiates your assessments.

Your "explanation" is full of holes. Like I pointed out, anybody who looks at polling of the Democrat candidates will see that Biden started taking a nose-dive at the start of February.

Trying to say that was due to Repubs spreading lies about the Ukraine and Burisma is laughable.

There is no getting around the fact that Biden underperformed dramatically, first in Iowa and then NH.
It is hilarious you say that.
I explicitly acknowledged that in the post you responded to. But you dismissed everything I said and claimed it was a "tangent". Perhaps you couldn't be troubled to read...

The problem, though, resides in THE REASONING for his under-performance. Trump deserves no credit for that. Biden has been pulling some especially stupid stuff lately.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
New England
You are seriously living in a cracked glass house trying to throw that hand grenade... :rolleyes:

But I get that you are trying to avoid acknowledging ACTUALLY TOPICAL COMMENTS with a quick and dismissive pretense as you ignore them completely.

Again, you're dodging the point.
Everybody gets that you have thoughts.
The problem for you is checking reality AND LOOKING AT THE FACTS repudiates your assessments.

Your "explanation" is full of holes. Like I pointed out, anybody who looks at polling of the Democrat candidates will see that Biden started taking a nose-dive at the start of February.

Trying to say that was due to Repubs spreading lies about the Ukraine and Burisma is laughable.

It is hilarious you say that.
I explicitly acknowledged that in the post you responded to. But you dismissed everything I said and claimed it was a "tangent". Perhaps you couldn't be troubled to read...

The problem, though, resides in THE REASONING for his under-performance. Trump deserves no credit for that. Biden has been pulling some especially stupid stuff lately.
Agree Burisma isn’t the only reason for Biden’s problems. I am, however, increasingly of the opinion that it is one of them.