Ohio House, Senate pass ‘heartbeat’ abortion ban

Feb 2007
USA
This has nothing to do with mens inability to control women. This has to do with women not taking full control of their reproduction system.

As you and others have clearly stated it is not up to men to decide about a womans body and if they can have an abortion or not. So if that is the route society wants to take this then women need to take responsibility of their reproductive process in a manner that does not endanger human lives. They need to be more selective in choosing to allow sperms into themselves or take more protection measures that will ensure this issue does not get to the point where we are killing lifeforms. SCIENCE has made enough advances that now women really do not have any excuse to have another person growing inside them unless they choose it.
If you ask me, the promotion of the proper use of birth control methods other than through abortion, perhaps more appropriately called fertilization or implantation control, should be a sort of middle ground that most people should agree upon regardless of their position on abortion. And, to some extent, that promotion thru the years since RvW has seemingly worked since the abortion rate in the US has decreased on average since RvW.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
This has nothing to do with mens inability to control women. This has to do with women not taking full control of their reproduction system.

As you and others have clearly stated it is not up to men to decide about a womans body and if they can have an abortion or not. So if that is the route society wants to take this then women need to take responsibility of their reproductive process in a manner that does not endanger human lives. They need to be more selective in choosing to allow sperms into themselves or take more protection measures that will ensure this issue does not get to the point where we are killing lifeforms. SCIENCE has made enough advances that now women really do not have any excuse to have another person growing inside them unless they choose it.
And getting an abortion IS taking responsibility of their reproductive process

May 2018
USA
If the GOP managed to get abortion outlawed (which 60% of the American people oppose) it would be a godsend to the Democrats. GOP just LOVES pandering to their fake christian crowd, nevermind the Bible is actually...you know...PRO ABORTION (Numbers 5:11-28). How about that moron in Texas that wants to EXECUTE women who get abortions? That fine Christian man has been married 5 times......

May 2018
USA
That baby loving GOP!!! They have the best in mind for zygotes, fetuses of all stripes. Actual living, breathing children.....they don't care about them so much. Otherwise why are there 30 million evangelical hypocrites in this country who refuse the adopt the 150,000 orphans already alive? Not only that they exuberantly support politicians who want to take what meager food/assistance goes to poor children and give those bucks back to the wealthy.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

Again, her body, her choice.

A "child" is labeled as such after its born.
The mother would likewise be subjected to "decades of indentured servitude" serving as mother, just (typically) in a different role than the child.

You obviously want to turn this into "her body, shared choice" which is wrong.

She has the ability to opt out. I'm saying that the men should also have that liberty.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
It has been so difficult for some men to get used to the concept that they are far less significant and have far less control over women than they might have thought. I am sure it goes right to your sense of importance and control which has been culturally indoctrinated in you. Sabcat, you are a victim of your own conservative political ideas.

Nope. It goes against my inherent sence of right and wrong.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the emotional arguments you attempt to make.

If the woman is given the ability to opt out so should the man.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
So... my body. My choice. Not my responsibility.

Why would i ever think that a "libertarian" would support something as silly as equality?
Because you aren’t talking about equality. Equality means that people in similar situations are treated the same. A non pregnant man is not in a similar situation to a pregnant woman.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Because you aren’t talking about equality. Equality means that people in similar situations are treated the same. A non pregnant man is not in a similar situation to a pregnant woman.

One person can walk away from the pregnancy the other cannot in fact they are sentenced to decades of indentured servitude.

Want to make it equal give both parties the same options.

No matter how much you crazy leftists may cry men and women are different.

What is funny though in this one specific instance women are very different and should be treated as such.

Only the gestation period is the significant difference. The rest is most definitely similar and this is what im refering to.