Ohio House, Senate pass ‘heartbeat’ abortion ban

Nov 2018
Inner Space
It is not wise to argue against the necessity of a heartbeat when talking about what is a life.
This is one time biff you really should back away slowly.
There is never any argument that tissue is alive in the uterus. The issue is whether it is viable human life.
Obviously you cannot distinguish tissue of any kind from human life. Do you regret the loss of life every time you brush your teeth or give blood? Is a placenta a human being? You seem to have shut off your brain to allow opinionated ignorance to drive your thinking.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Yeah. If you could just get that pesky woman’s body out of the way, you guys would be all set. I mean who does she think she is getting in the way of you and your baby.

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time..."
-foundit66

Nov 2005
California
"Federalism" is perhaps the most misunderstood or mis-used modern political term in America.
What exactly do you mean by "federalism", Sabcat, in relation to this Ohio law?
No response. Go figure...
Who could have guessed that... :rolleyes:

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time..."
-foundit66
Already told you multiple times you're taking that out of context...

A man gives his sperm to a woman.
If that sperm results in a baby growing inside the woman, suddenly he wants to dictate terms?
Nuh-uh...

As I told you in the other thread, if the woman were to leave her egg in the father and he grew the baby there, then it would be his choice.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
No response. Go figure...
Who could have guessed that... :rolleyes:

Already told you multiple times you're taking that out of context...

A man gives his sperm to a woman.
If that sperm results in a baby growing inside the woman, suddenly he wants to dictate terms?
Nuh-uh...

As I told you in the other thread, if the woman were to leave her egg in the father and he grew the baby there, then it would be his choice.

I like it. It fits.

You do the crime. You do the time.

Thanks for that gem.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
The heart beat is only an indicator of.... a heart beat. It does not define life. Many patients are alive without heart beats, as for example the hypothermic patient, the patient in shock, the patient with ventricular fibrillation... Many patients are clinically DEAD with a heart beat (as in dead by neurologic criteria).
Produce a list of those who were pronounced dead while they still had a beating heart.

Nov 2005
California
I like it. It fits.
You do the crime. You do the time.
Thanks for that gem.
You have devolved fully into the role of a troll, posting purely for annoyance while you are incapable of actually discuss anything...

The heart beat is only an indicator of.... a heart beat. It does not define life. Many patients are alive without heart beats, as for example the hypothermic patient, the patient in shock, the patient with ventricular fibrillation... Many patients are clinically DEAD with a heart beat (as in dead by neurologic criteria).
Fetal tissue with contractile cardiac tissue is a growing fetus, it is not a viable human as DED is trying to assert. It is not meaningfully different from fetal kidney, pancreas, or liver.
I don't think the posters on this forum who oppose abortion can actually understand what you just said...

Mar 2008
australia
This is a common sense law.

Common sense dictates that when searching for signs of life finding a heartbeat is accepted worldwide as first signs of communication. They use this method in emergency rooms and out in the field everyday to determine if life is present.
actually the first check of life is to see if one is breathing. a fetus clearly fails that test.

now, because there is a heart beat but no breathing, standard medical procedure is to administer CPR, (mouth to mouth) which means we need to immediately cut the fetus out of the mother and help them to breathe.

or, more realistically, we can acknowledge that the situation in utero and after delivery are different, and different processes need to apply.