Ohio House, Senate pass ‘heartbeat’ abortion ban

Nov 2018
Inner Space
So then from conception it is her sole responsibility and nobody else's?

Her body her choice and all that?
I don't know what your are getting at. Read Roe.
I hesitate to agree with your absolute statements as they suggest a hidden agenda. For example, a woman is not "solely responsible" for rape.
However, decisions about her body, under the framework of Roe, are her decisions in consultation with her physician.

Nov 2005
California
Because im no longer going to attempt to explain things to you. It is an epic waste of time.
This thread alone is an excellent example of this.
You haven't even tried to explain anything in this thread.
Your demonstration of your own reading comprehension problems are rather apparent in your discussion with Biff where he talks about the biology and you try to blindly associate that with responsibility. (obviously, you're fishing for a blind association with legal responsibility)
The two are entirely separate concepts, as I have already explained but you are refusing to even try to address.

You saying "responsible for ..." is rather nebulous and incomplete.
We could look at a gun shooting and try to talk about "responsible for ..." with regards to percentages and the bullet, the gun, the shooter, the health of the victim, etc, etc...
After all, each are components in the gun shooting. But that's not how we look at "responsibility" in a legal sense.

In a legal sense, there are two parts needed to start "the creation of the human". The egg and the sperm.

Furthermore, you should realize by now that I don't care if you try to rebutt where I point out your reasoning failures.
The fact that you quickly devolve into trollish antics are an obvious sign of your incapability to think beyond one level deep.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I don't know what your are getting at. Read Roe.
I hesitate to agree with your absolute statements as they suggest a hidden agenda. For example, a woman is not "solely responsible" for rape.
However, decisions about her body, under the framework of Roe, are her decisions in consultation with her physician.

My point is that if a women is 100% responsible in making the decision to end the pregnancy than she should also be 100% responsible for raising the child.

Her body her choice.

Mar 2019
Texas
Once again, the conservative chooses to take an argument and turn it into a personal attack. Your information AND your opinion are inconsistent with reality and science. If you had any actual persuasive argument, you would present it. You accuse me of "opinions" yet I have provided fact and evidence while you just make assertions. Sorry that you have so much difficulty with simple discussion and that you cannot get beyond your entrenched dogma.
So you have no value to add.

Why even bother posting your opinions?

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
You haven't even tried to explain anything in this thread.
Your demonstration of your own reading comprehension problems are rather apparent in your discussion with Biff where he talks about the biology and you try to blindly associate that with responsibility. (obviously, you're fishing for a blind association with legal responsibility)
The two are entirely separate concepts, as I have already explained but you are refusing to even try to address.

You saying "responsible for ..." is rather nebulous and incomplete.
We could look at a gun shooting and try to talk about "responsible for ..." with regards to percentages and the bullet, the gun, the shooter, the health of the victim, etc, etc...
After all, each are components in the gun shooting. But that's not how we look at "responsibility" in a legal sense.

In a legal sense, there are two parts needed to start "the creation of the human". The egg and the sperm.

Furthermore, you should realize by now that I don't care if you try to rebutt where I point out your reasoning failures.
The fact that you quickly devolve into trollish antics are an obvious sign of your incapability to think beyond one level deep.
Like here
Well, if we are going to release them wouldn't sanctuary cities be the best place to do so?
Does that mean you support sanctuary cities?
I support nullification though i do think that they should have all federal funds pulled that help support the invaders.
You just dance around, change subject then play stupid.

Every single time.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
My point is that if a women is 100% responsible in making the decision to end the pregnancy than she should also be 100% responsible for raising the child.

Her body her choice.
Why would that make sense?
I don't understand your logic.
If I light a match and start a forest fire, my responsibility is not confined to the proportion that the match is to the heat of the fire.

Nov 2005
California
ROFLMAO!
My approach was to employ the Socratic method to get you to recognize the flaw in your own argument.
Obviously you didn't grasp that.

Yet again, you don't comprehend a response and you blindly assume it's everybody else's fault.

Your last response was too stupid to warrant a reply, but I'll do so now...
"Nullification" is a stupid response to the point at hand.
State and local governments are not required to enforce nor aid in the enforcement of federal laws.
That's not "nullification".

Nov 2018
Inner Space
So you have no value to add.

Why even bother posting your opinions?
My reasoning is sound and logical. You are welcome to provide evidence that supports your ideas about heart beat, but you have presented nothing.

One other bit of reasoning about heart beat and life. During heart surgery under circulatory arrest on heart-lung bypass, the heart is stopped. Has the patient ceased to be a human? How can the person be a human if there is no heart beat?

You have lost this debate and will just have to be satisfied with your reassuring misconceptions.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

Her body her choice.
Total bullshit. She is not alone in creating the child. I’m sorry if your male snowflake ego can’t handle the idea that a man should be responsible for his children but it’s called being an adult.

Right wing philosophy in a nutshell. Sine the woman has sole say over termination of a pregnancy then the man should have no responsibility. When the man abdicates on his responsibility then the woman is a parasite if she goes to the government and requests assistance that the RW says the man has every right to refuse to supply.