Ohio House, Senate pass ‘heartbeat’ abortion ban

Nov 2005
California
My point is that if a women is 100% responsible in making the decision to end the pregnancy than she should also be 100% responsible for raising the child.
Her body her choice.
It's only 100% her choice because it's her body.
As for "responsibility", there are two components involved in impregnation. Sperm and egg.
Without either, impregnation does not occur.
Ergo, obviously not 100% her choice.

Anybody can see where this logic of yours fails in other scenarios. IVF being the most obvious.
Both the man and the woman are involved in providing the materials for IVF. Until it's implanted, it's obviously not 100% her choice as to what happens with those embryos.

Nov 2005
California
Total bullshit. She is not alone in creating the child. I’m sorry if your male snowflake ego can’t handle the idea that a man should be responsible for his children but it’s called being an adult.
Right wing philosophy in a nutshell. Sine the woman has sole say over termination of a pregnancy then the man should have no responsibility. When the man abdicates on his responsibility then the woman is a parasite if she goes to the government and requests assistance that the RW says the man has every right to refuse to supply.
The right is supposed to be the party of responsibility...
Until it comes to impregnation and then they have a rather sizable contingent who wants to be able to run away from responsibility...

Mar 2019
Texas
My reasoning is sound and logical. You are welcome to provide evidence that supports your ideas about heart beat, but you have presented nothing.

One other bit of reasoning about heart beat and life. During heart surgery under circulatory arrest on heart-lung bypass, the heart is stopped. Has the patient ceased to be a human? How can the person be a human if there is no heart beat?

You have lost this debate and will just have to be satisfied with your reassuring misconceptions.
You are free to read my post here on the subject.

The heartbeat is a sign of life and a form of communicating that life is present.

You seem to imply i have said that a heartbeat alone is life but i have not made that claim.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Total bullshit. She is not alone in creating the child. I’m sorry if your male snowflake ego can’t handle the idea that a man should be responsible for his children but it’s called being an adult.

Right wing philosophy in a nutshell. Sine the woman has sole say over termination of a pregnancy then the man should have no responsibility. When the man abdicates on his responsibility then the woman is a parasite if she goes to the government and requests assistance that the RW says the man has every right to refuse to supply.

But the woman doesn't have to 'man up'

She get to opt out but the man gets no say at any time. That's fucked up.

A woman can subject a man to decades of indentured servitude and kill his child against his will.

Sorry. That is wrong in every single step.

Nov 2005
California
ROFLMAO!!!
How the heck do you justify this claim?
The mother, if the child is born, would typically be the one dedicating to a 24x7 caring for the newborn.

Optimally, the mother / father would be splitting up tasking but historically the typical scenario is the mother provides the one-to-one care while the father provides financial.

Again, her body, her choice.

A woman can subject a man to decades of indentured servitude and kill his child against his will.
A "child" is labeled as such after its born.
The mother would likewise be subjected to "decades of indentured servitude" serving as mother, just (typically) in a different role than the child.

You obviously want to turn this into "her body, shared choice" which is wrong.

Feb 2007
USA
I find it rather sad that anyone would honestly believe that already-born and entirely innocent children should essentially suffer financially, merely because their parents disagreed regarding the matter of abortion. And, it clearly appears that they want to take their anger out on said children when it was themselves, and not their children, who apparently had a bad relationship with their partner.

:angry:

Nov 2018
Inner Space
You are free to read my post here on the subject.

The heartbeat is a sign of life and a form of communicating that life is present.

You seem to imply i have said that a heartbeat alone is life but i have not made that claim.
Why does "heart beat" mean anything more that any other fetal cell function?
You are applying some special significance to contracting cardiac muscle as some sort of symbolism of viability or other meaning (known only to you).
As I mentioned earlier, there is no question that a fetus, early in pregnancy, is composed of living cells. The question is whether it is viable. Are you trying to assert that somehow the mere presence of cardiac muscle signifies viability?

Nov 2018
Inner Space

It has been so difficult for some men to get used to the concept that they are far less significant and have far less control over women than they might have thought. I am sure it goes right to your sense of importance and control which has been culturally indoctrinated in you. Sabcat, you are a victim of your own conservative political ideas.

Mar 2019
Texas
Why does "heart beat" mean anything more that any other fetal cell function?
You are applying some special significance to contracting cardiac muscle as some sort of symbolism of viability or other meaning (known only to you).
As I mentioned earlier, there is no question that a fetus, early in pregnancy, is composed of living cells. The question is whether it is viable. Are you trying to assert that somehow the mere presence of cardiac muscle signifies viability?
You again have failed to get the gist of my post.

I said that a heart beat is a form of communication that indicates life.

Mar 2019
Texas
It has been so difficult for some men to get used to the concept that they are far less significant and have far less control over women than they might have thought. I am sure it goes right to your sense of importance and control which has been culturally indoctrinated in you. Sabcat, you are a victim of your own conservative political ideas.
This has nothing to do with mens inability to control women. This has to do with women not taking full control of their reproduction system.

As you and others have clearly stated it is not up to men to decide about a womans body and if they can have an abortion or not. So if that is the route society wants to take this then women need to take responsibility of their reproductive process in a manner that does not endanger human lives. They need to be more selective in choosing to allow sperms into themselves or take more protection measures that will ensure this issue does not get to the point where we are killing lifeforms. SCIENCE has made enough advances that now women really do not have any excuse to have another person growing inside them unless they choose it.