Ohio teen threatens to shoot federal agents, Planned Parenthood

May 2018
Chicago
This is exactly how we can stop this crap:

An Ohio teenager threatened to shoot federal agents, a Planned Parenthood and a gay bar and was found at a residence that had a gun vault and around 10,000 rounds of ammunition, according to police and court documents.

Justin Olsen, 18, was the moderator of an online chat where he made light of mass shootings and made the threats against all federal agents, the nonprofit, and an undisclosed gay bar, according to a police report from the Boardman Police Department.

After searching his father's house in Boardman, a suburb south of Youngstown, FBI agents seized 15 rifles and 10 semi-automatic pistols, according to a criminal complaint. Investigators also observed an estimated 10,000 rounds of ammunition in one room and another 300 rounds of ammunition on the stairway leading to the second floor, according to the complaint.

ABC News could not immediately confirm who owned them, or if they were legally purchased.

When Olsen turned 18 in May, he boasted in a post that he couldn't “wait to start stockpiling weapons,” according to the police report.

He also wrote that he was planning on buying an AR-15 parts kit after posting a photo of it, the police report said.

The case began in February, when the FBI received a complaint about Olsen in Anchorage, Alaska, and traced his computer information back to Olsen's address.

On Aug. 6, an FBI agent approached a Boardman police detective with the information and “in light of the recent mass shootings in the United States," officials decided to arrest him. He was taken into custody the next day at his father's residence.
Teen threatens to shoot federal agents, Planned Parenthood; had 25 guns: Cops

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I just don't get the whole "stockpiling of weapons." When I was in the Marines they seemed to think that ONE rifle was quite enough. I mean you can only fire one weapon at a time.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Unless they can tie something to dad the FBI has a really thin case. In the entire hyperventilating story the one line that stands out is this one.
"ABC News could not immediately confirm who owned them, or if they were legally purchased.".

As for folks owning more than one gun, there's a perfectly innocent and I might add legal reason for this. Guns have become an investment commodity as they appreciate in value. If you notice they mentioned a vault, as if that were sinister. Keeping the guns they do own safe and out of the hands of thieves is good citizenship.
Too much ammo? There's no limit on the amount of ammo anyone can own that I know of. In fact ammo has become a commodity in Calif after the ban on purchasing ammo without first going thru a background check. Millions of gun owners bought huge quantities of ammo before it went into effect. Guns stores and ammo mfgrs scored again! I'm betting a huge smuggling operation went into business the day the state started with the background check for ammo crap. I'm going to Calif in a few weeks and it'll be interesting to see if the questioning at the border check station will now include ammo. Last time thru the question was 'do you have any fresh fruits vegetables or guns? While I was anwering the questions I noticed in the rearview camera and mirrors that a dog was sniffing around the towed car and my motorhome. When I asked what they were looking for the guy got all up in my face, I was really being nice too!
The raid and arrest happened about two weeks ago. We need more info.
OBTW there is a company that offers legal council to assist if you're involved in this kinds of govt action. They literally guarantee to get you out of jail immediately unless you committed a crime when being arrested.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Unless they can tie something to dad the FBI has a really thin case. In the entire hyperventilating story the one line that stands out is this one.
"ABC News could not immediately confirm who owned them, or if they were legally purchased.".

As for folks owning more than one gun, there's a perfectly innocent and I might add legal reason for this. Guns have become an investment commodity as they appreciate in value. If you notice they mentioned a vault, as if that were sinister. Keeping the guns they do own safe and out of the hands of thieves is good citizenship.
Too much ammo? There's no limit on the amount of ammo anyone can own that I know of. In fact ammo has become a commodity in Calif after the ban on purchasing ammo without first going thru a background check. Millions of gun owners bought huge quantities of ammo before it went into effect. Guns stores and ammo mfgrs scored again! I'm betting a huge smuggling operation went into business the day the state started with the background check for ammo crap. I'm going to Calif in a few weeks and it'll be interesting to see if the questioning at the border check station will now include ammo. Last time thru the question was 'do you have any fresh fruits vegetables or guns? While I was anwering the questions I noticed in the rearview camera and mirrors that a dog was sniffing around the towed car and my motorhome. When I asked what they were looking for the guy got all up in my face, I was really being nice too!
OBTW there is a company that offers legal council to assist if you're involved in this kinds of govt action. They literally guarantee to get you out of jail immediately unless you committed a crime when being arrested.
SOME firearms do. Right now there are so many people making AR-15 knock-offs they are getting cheaper and cheaper. I can buy an AR-15 knock off cheaper than I can a Ruger Mini-14 right now. Might get one just ecause they are so cheap.
Historically significant firearms, antiques, etc. will raise in value, just like a rare coin will.

Jul 2019
SoCal

Antifa!

Sep 2015
Stage Left
question: do these firearm investments go up or down in value when used to kill unarmed, innocent people?

ffs....

Nov 2018
Inner Space
I have to disagree with you, leekohler2, on this one. We cannot stop or probably even make much of a dent in gun violence just by stopping the POTENTIAL wacko. There are just too many wackos and they hide in clever ways. Do we really want law enforcement constantly looking into everything we communicate? The only real action to reduce firearm violence is to reduce the access to weapons of war firearms. Registration, licensing, taxation, assault weapons ban..... those are the significant steps that need to be taken and they will only be marginally successful until we change the gun culture, which will take decades.