On Trump pulling troops out of Syria

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
that would be silly. As one who has seen war, I’d like as few American men fight muslim wars of choice.
do you disagree?
Cluck and Duck

As a combat veteran myself, I'd like to see the pro-war sons of the upper-class warmongers get drafted into active duty at age 18 and pay back the most what they owe the country more than any other class. The reason this Nobility With No Ability has no Coats of Arms is that they are Chickenhawks.

Reactions: ReverendHellh0und
Sep 2019
NYC
Cluck and Duck

As a combat veteran myself, I'd like to see the pro-war sons of the upper-class warmongers get drafted into active duty at age 18 and pay back the most what they owe the country more than any other class. The reason this Nobility With No Ability has no Coats of Arms is that they are Chickenhawks.

Damn straight. Id punch john bolton in his chickenhawk face if I ever saw him. Guy literally wants to go to war with everyone bragged about dodging the draft.

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
Damn straight. Id punch john bolton in his chickenhawk face if I ever saw him. Guy literally wants to go to war with everyone bragged about dodging the draft.
Chewbacca

Trump hired him for a Bad Cop, Good Cop scenario: "Deal with me or I'll let this trigger-happy nutcase deal with you."

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Trump was trolling the MSM again.

Trump is not exactly abruptly pulling out of Syria as much of the news is written to make people believe. The Pentagon merely relocated 50 US troops out of Northern Syria. ISIS is almost done and we have been deescalating in Syria since March when there were 2000 US troops there, now down to 1000 - those 50 are not leaving Syria.

“Turkey has chosen to act unilaterally. As a result we have moved the US forces in northern Syria out of the path of potential Turkish incursion to ensure their safety,” Jonathan Hoffman, the Defense Department’s chief spokesperson, said in a statement to reporters. “We have made no changes to our force presence in Syria at this time.”

On top of that, Turkey is ALREADY in Syria. What the Turks want is a 30km zone at the border to resettle Syrian refugees that had flooded into Turkey since the Syrian Civil War began.

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 1.41.23 PM.png

Apr 2015
Stockport, Cheshire. UK
Trump was trolling the MSM again.

Trump is not exactly abruptly pulling out of Syria as much of the news is written to make people believe. The Pentagon merely relocated 50 US troops out of Northern Syria. ISIS is almost done and we have been deescalating in Syria since March when there were 2000 US troops there, now down to 1000 - those 50 are not leaving Syria.
Those 50 were a trip wire put there to stop the Turkish forces attacking the Kurds. Now they have been withdrawn and Trump has given his OK to the Turks to launch an attack as long as it's "limited".
Trump has sold out an ally in the fight against terrorism to another of his favourite 'strong men'.

Reactions: se7en

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Those 50 were a trip wire put there to stop the Turkish forces attacking the Kurds. Now they have been withdrawn and Trump has given his OK to the Turks to launch an attack as long as it's "limited".
Trump has sold out an ally in the fight against terrorism to another of his favourite 'strong men'.
Green light? That is delusional thinking. Turkey had already announced their air offensive. You want US troops to be human shields? When you have Britain willing to have her Special Forces embedded as trainers/advisers willing to be returned home in body bags after a not so precise Turkish bombing run, than you can talk.

The Turks are also our allies, and this "strong man" BS is just that. We went to Syria to fight ISIS, not lend credence to a Kurdish homeland claim. So far there is no Kurdistan, but their is a Turkey with whom we are official allies with. We have US nukes in Turkey where they are conveniently close to Iran and Russia.

Shameful as it is, the Kurds are only convenient allies in the fight against ISIS. The Kurds are fighting ISIS not because ISIS is an enemy of America, but because ISIS is an enemy of theirs.

Your dislike for Trump is blocking out your reasoning of how real world politics work, and making you forget history. Betrayal of the Kurds is as sure as death and taxes. In fact, Kurds have no homeland today is mainly due to British betrayal and greed.

The 1920 Treaty of Sèvres completely dismembered the Ottoman Empire, including most of what’s now Turkey, and allocated a section for a possible Kurdistan. But the Turks fought back, making enough trouble that the U.S. supported a new treaty in 1923, the Treaty of Lausanne. The Treaty of Lausanne allowed the British and French to carve off present-day Iraq and Syria, respectively, for themselves. But it made no provision for the Kurds.

This was America’s first, and smallest, betrayal of the Kurds. At this point, the main Kurdish betrayals were handled by the British, who crushed the short-lived Kingdom of Kurdistan in Iraq during the early 1920s. A few years later, the British were happy to see the establishment of a Kurdish “Republic of Ararat,” because it was on Turkish territory. But it turned out that the Turks were more important to the British than the Kurds, so the United Kingdom eventually let Turkey go ahead and extinguish the new country.