One way to look at the impeachment issue

Oct 2010
Colorado
Maybe, but I never found it that hard to believe the explanation that Reagan had been detached from the day-to-day and didn't know what was going on. With Clinton, there was no debate that he lied under oath nor debate that he obstructed a civil case in which he was the defendant. The explanation was it really wasn't that bad and we should move on.
I meant "full administration participation" in lawbreaking activities, and the CIA.

Jul 2018
Earth
If I had to guess, Nancy Pelosi withholding impeachment to create cover for her House members in purple districts. If you look at the majority of House seats that flipped from red to blue in 2018, they came from purple districts with relatively moderate candidate. Despite what many believe, there weren't a lot of progressives who flipped seats. Nancy Pelosi on the other hand comes from a heavy blue district so she can take a TON of criticism without it threatening her seat. She's worried about losing the majority, which means she needs to provide cover for her most vulnerable members. So when the democratic population shouts about why impeachment hasn't happened, House members can say "Don't look at me, look at Pelosi."

Best case scenario for Dems: Win presidency in 2020, hold the House
Worst case scenario for Dems: Trump wins in 2020, Dems lose the House
Middle of the road: Trump wins in 2020, Dems hold the House.

I think Pelosi is trying to avoid the worst case scenario.

Not sure I agree with it, but that's my best guess.
If any Dem won't support impeachment there is absolutely no reason to vote for him/her.

Feb 2019
nunya
Impeachment is a dead end that will not in any way help to defeat Trump in 2020. And as a side note, "the squad" may as well be working for the Trump reelection campaign.

However, the response of the people to the Mueller report bothers me too. I don't understand it other than there's a bit of Trump inside many Americans, who pledge allegiance to the end justifying the means, a confession that most US consumers will look the other way as long as they have more stuff to consume.
I think Americans will lose a lot of the "Trump" in the them when the 2020 recession hits. The economy is the last thing that Trump supporters are hanging onto.

May 2019
USA
Impeachment is a dead end that will not in any way help to defeat Trump in 2020. And as a side note, "the squad" may as well be working for the Trump reelection campaign.

However, the response of the people to the Mueller report bothers me too. I don't understand it other than there's a bit of Trump inside many Americans, who pledge allegiance to the end justifying the means, a confession that most US consumers will look the other way as long as they have more stuff to consume.
Excellent post and every point I totally agree with!

Aug 2019
Florida
Opinions vary but

Trump is a scum bag, a racist crook, a disaster as a president and a complete embarrassment to America.

But is evangelical pence any better?

I say keep the investigations going and ride it out to the end with the hope that trump will be prosecuted for his crimes after he leaves office

But dick and jr walked away scott free.