Oregon Senate closes due to ‘possible militia threat’ after Republican walkout

Oct 2010
Colorado
Damn that global warming BS.

The Oregon Civil War is brewing.

The Oregon state Senate closed Saturday after a “possible militia threat” from a right-wing group -- amid a broader drama over a walkout by Republican lawmakers over looming climate change legislation.​
RIght-wing groups posted their support for the 12 rebel Republicans on Friday, including one group -- the Oregon Three Percenters -- who joined in an armed takeover of a wildlife refuge in 2016.​
n Friday, a spokeswoman for Senate President Peter Courtney told The Associated Press that the Oregon state police “recommended that the Capitol be closed tomorrow due to a possible militia threat.”​
Oregon State Police, in a statement, said it has been "monitoring information throughout the day that indicates the safety of legislators, staff and citizen visitors could be compromised if certain threatened behaviors were realized."​
The dramatic scenes came after the Republicans had not only skipped the legislature, but some had even left the state as part of an effort to deny Democrats the votes to take up the bill to reduce fossil fuel emissions by 2050. Democrats hold a 18-12 majority, but they need 20 present for a quorum.​

More: Oregon Senate closes due to ‘possible militia threat’ after Republican walkout

Nov 2017
What's the true purpose of spreading this "possible militia threat" fearmongering? Does closing the senate pause this clock that the Republicans are hoping will run out?

Jul 2018
Earth
Damn that global warming BS.

The Oregon Civil War is brewing.

The Oregon state Senate closed Saturday after a “possible militia threat” from a right-wing group -- amid a broader drama over a walkout by Republican lawmakers over looming climate change legislation.​
RIght-wing groups posted their support for the 12 rebel Republicans on Friday, including one group -- the Oregon Three Percenters -- who joined in an armed takeover of a wildlife refuge in 2016.​
n Friday, a spokeswoman for Senate President Peter Courtney told The Associated Press that the Oregon state police “recommended that the Capitol be closed tomorrow due to a possible militia threat.”​
Oregon State Police, in a statement, said it has been "monitoring information throughout the day that indicates the safety of legislators, staff and citizen visitors could be compromised if certain threatened behaviors were realized."​
The dramatic scenes came after the Republicans had not only skipped the legislature, but some had even left the state as part of an effort to deny Democrats the votes to take up the bill to reduce fossil fuel emissions by 2050. Democrats hold a 18-12 majority, but they need 20 present for a quorum.​

More: Oregon Senate closes due to ‘possible militia threat’ after Republican walkout
How do the fools think people are going to travel, by bicycles and roller skates?

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
I have yet to see an explanation for why it's not ok.
I did a huge project in Corvallis for Daifuku at HP where I talked with the union painters. Add Tide powdered soap to the paint and they needed three coats to pass state inspection but adding Tide gets it done with one coat. I asked why do you do that? The union painters said the paint falls off in one year and then we get to paint it again. edit: No, I did not snitch them down because I was working inside the building doing electro-mechanical work. When a Daifuku machine chirps that means the machine is happy.

Last edited: