Outrage is the most profitable emotion

Dec 2012
California
Dec 2012
California
You could be right. I haven't seen a poll or survey. Maybe there's something out there?
As far as Trump is concerned, THAT'S a different kettle of fish. No matter WHO is the president--no matter what party--no matter when in history--they are going to get blasted by people on both sides of the aisle and RIGHTLY so.
As I stated in another thread, TRUMP WORKS FOR ME....and as long as he is working for ME....I get to call the shots and if that includes calling him an asshat---then so be it. That is exactly what the public SHOULD be doing.
There's nothing to be done about people getting offended. Most of it passes and life goes on until the NEXT offensive thingy comes along. That's where we are as a culture.
My philosophy is 'don't sweat the small stuff' and almost everything is small stuff.
Seems you thrive on the small stuff no matter how mundane and insignificant it is to the greater picture. Soon you will have another 4-years to whine and regurgitate the spoon-fed blather the Dem's are feeding you.

Dec 2012
California
Way back when I was in university and had to take an arts course I, like most science nerds and jocks took Sociology 101. Our university didn't have a rocks for jocks course so the Sociology was the default. Basically it was known that if you showed up and managed to write your name correctly on the exam booklet you'd get a pass.

About the only thing I remember from the course was a study where people, when offered the choice of, for example 10 different toothpaste brands would choose the one most familiar to them. So the conclusion was that seeing the brand name often, and ways that are noticable were the keys to marketing success. At that time they suggested that having irritating or really stupid ads was the way to go because those were definitely noticed and remembers. Ads that outrage strikes me as just an extension of that.

Remember, my first year of university was more than a few years ago.:lol::lol:
Tbh outrage and fear are pretty intertwined.
TDS outrage and fear are pretty intertwined

Dec 2018
U.S
Outrage is the most profitable emotion, so advertisers are trying to make you angry - CityAM

[...]

Pretty much sums up how I feel. We are living in an era where outrage-inducing content is what sells the most because it stirs up the most conversation. You see it with Donald Trump, Kanye West, H&M, etc.

Pissing ppl off seems to sell nowadays. If you disagree, I’d love to hear your thoughts as to why.
We know that advertising is all about evoking an emotion to make consumers feel a certain way about a product.

Parents, also? Maybe other 'family' love ones?

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
Outrage is the most profitable emotion, so advertisers are trying to make you angry - CityAM

[...]

Pretty much sums up how I feel. We are living in an era where outrage-inducing content is what sells the most because it stirs up the most conversation. You see it with Donald Trump, Kanye West, H&M, etc.

Pissing ppl off seems to sell nowadays. If you disagree, I’d love to hear your thoughts as to why.
The Fascination of Watching Snowflakes in a Bottle

I've recruited many new members to DTT by telling people how outrageously stupid, degenerate, and bitter it is.